Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep newbie lift and wheels

Old 07-05-2014, 11:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Collyn

Yep. Sorry That was meant for the jackass talking out his "coolo" about 4 door Jeeps.
Lol coolo..
Old 07-05-2014, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Wr@ngler00
This is where you clowns go wrong with your jeeps. Your so worried about the way it looks and not the way it performs. Too much rubber for your liking, i can respect your opinion but putting 18 inch chrome wheels does nothing for performance. i bet you have one of the 4 door grocery getters as well. Did you paint a bunch of your interior accents as well?! LOL...Clown!
I flexed at the mall today it was liberating. Not everyone that owns a 4dr is some soccer mom going to the grocery store. I tow a 17ft boat and on occasion a pop up camper so a 2dr that has the towing capacity of a go cart was kind of a problem for me. Plus why have friends cram themselves over the front seat with a shoe horn when they can have their own door? Like what you like and leave everyone else alone. Attacking someone else's choices to make yourself feel better about your own is a sign of ignorance and immaturity. Grow up.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

I run nitto terra grappler 295/75-18. 10. Ply On the sticker it say 35" by 11.5", but true measurement was 33.5x 11.5. Great tire i rock climb, sand, and mud with these and still get on the highway 75 mph. In the mud they are decent. But good for a all ter.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1021781673.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	563786  
Old 07-05-2014, 07:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I am, and always will be a 2 door Wrangler kind of guy, but even I had to call him out on that shit. We're all Jeepers no matter what.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by c-izzy
Hey all...hoping for some advice. Just bought a 2014 jeep wrangler unlimited Sahara with 3.73 gear ratio. Just ordered a leveling kit 2" front 1"rear but am new to the lifting and bigger wheel thing. I want 33's but am unsure of what wheel size to use. Any help would be appreciated.
Thread got a little off topic, but a lot of them do. I'm kind of in the same boat with you in tires and lifts and I think I found some good info. Dirtman really seems to know his stuff. The first link is now a sticky in the Modified Jeep Tech section, and the first few pages are filled with good info.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-lifts-288269/

http://myjeepwranglerjk.blogspot.com...thout.html?m=1

Quick Reply: Jeep newbie lift and wheels