Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep or Mopar front bumper

Old 04-24-2007, 03:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep or Mopar front bumper

Unfortunately, I was the victim of a teenage idiot and crashed the front end of my Jeep. Fortunately no one was hurt bad, and the Jeep doesn't seem to be too bad off. Obviously the front bumper needs to be replaced. Now I've seen a number of great bumpers out there available for the JK. I have even seen the post on here of a guy that put one of the Jeep or Mopar bumpers on his Jeep. The problem with his bumper is there was no room for the foglights. He made an ingenious fix to add the foglights. Now I don't want to run without foglights but I do like the looks of this bumper.

Now while researching the bumpers I came across this description on the Mopar parts web site http://www.mopar.com/m_acc_cat_part.jsp

"82209740 Bumpers, Off-Road Front, Satin Black. Includes Winch Mount, lic plate, pedestal mount fog lamp holes, and Tubular Grille/Winch Guard. Uses production tow hooks. To replace production Fog Lamps also order 8229880 lamps and 82210549 wiring. "

Now as you can see, there is apparently a fix to add a "stock" type foglight from Jeep to this bumper. So it seems that I can have a "Jeep" bumper and retain fog lights.

So my questions are does anyone know about these foglights? Does anyone have this bumper? Does anyone have a picture of said bumper, preferably with foglights?

If this bumper is available WITH foglights, I think I may go this direction.

Thanks

Last edited by SaharaMike; 04-24-2007 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:04 PM
JK Junkie

This is what the set up you are referring to looks like........

If you don't want to do something like I did.....

Then you can always mount some KC's or something on top of the bumper (TJ like) and use your factory switch to turn on a relay to operate them. That's how my add on lights are set up. I plan on putting lights on top of the bumper also, just not where Jeep wants you to mount them.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 04-24-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

The bottom pic is the bumper where the guy added the foglights himself. The top bumpe looks the same but are those the "factory" foglights they are referring to?
Old 04-24-2007, 04:15 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SaharaMike
The bottom pic is the bumper where the guy added the foglights himself. The top bumpe looks the same but are those the "factory" foglights they are referring to?
Sorry to hear about your Jeep, by the way, glad no one was hurt. Yeah, the bottom pic is my Jeep. Yes, I haven't actually seen them and when I was looking for these factory replacements, they were on backorder and I could not find a picture of them. I got my co-worker to do a locate for them and I called a dealer that had some in stock to get them to describe what they looked like, and I think(fairly positive) that the top pic is what those lights look like.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 04-24-2007 at 04:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Jeep or Mopar front bumper