Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep Leaning to the Right, exploring options....

Old 11-11-2010, 04:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stop listening to Rush Limbaugh in the Jeep.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mrwhite1072
Fat chick in the passenger seat-
no she sits in the back out of sight.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I know it's not the answer you're looking for, I can't answer your question. But for others looking for an answer on a leaning Jeep, you can also check how your rear springs are indexed. How you install your rear springs can make it sit a quarter inch higher or lower, or maybe more. The fronts are indexed the same if you install them correctly, but the rears have 360 degrees to play with on how you install them. (when I say index I mean where you leave the very end of the coil and how it sits on the perch on the axle...you want to leave both springs positioned the same way)
Old 11-11-2010, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by renpia
I had a lean to the right and found the issue on mine. When I wheeled disconnected, the spring came out of it's seat (that groove on the perch) and sat on top of the perch and not in the groove so it caused the driver side to sit a half inch taller. I had reset it once and when I wheeled again, it popped out. So I seated it once again and then put spring retainers on it to keep the spring seated. Now it sits level.
I think I also had a problem similar to this but when I jacked it up with a hi-lift the spring in question just reseated itself and that was that, but the Jeep is still leaning Anyways after searching around on here about a week ago I realized that the issue was all the added weight (front bumper w/ winch, rear bumper w/ tire carrier, gas tank being on that side, etc) that was causing it to lean to the right side. So now I'm just exploring my options for fixing it. Which seems to be new springs or the JKS ACOS.

Quick Reply: Jeep Leaning to the Right, exploring options....