Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep Leaning to the Right, exploring options....

Old 11-10-2010, 09:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Leaning to the Right, exploring options....

Okay guys I've got a 2 inch spacer lift on top of 4 door Rubi springs and they're sagging mainly on the right side from my bumpers, winch, etc. Anyways, if I just decide to replace the springs and ditch the spacers how tall can I logically go with no REAL problems??? I was thinking of doing like four up front and three in the back, or maybe four on both????? My current lift should be about three inches total with the Rubi springs and 2 inch spacers, but I have no clue what it actually is. Any help is appreciated!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:17 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got gansta lean on mine aswell, I think most or alot on here do.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:17 PM
JK Freak

Fat chick in the passenger seat-
Old 11-11-2010, 10:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try disconnecting the sway bar links and taking it for a short drive(carefully), then check again if its leaning to the right. Mine sits level with the sway bar disconnected. I still haven't fixed it but having the proper length sway bar links on each side, which will most likely be two different lengths, seems to be the fix for my lean to the right.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

My sway bar is always disconnected, the springs are factory off of a 4 door Rubicon. They do not possess the tensile strength to hold up everything correctly after bumpers and winch, etc. This isn't a question of what's the problem, just what size springs I can get away with.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr.ZAP
My sway bar is always disconnected, the springs are factory off of a 4 door Rubicon. They do not possess the tensile strength to hold up everything correctly after bumpers and winch, etc. This isn't a question of what's the problem, just what size springs I can get away with.
It is kind of a hard question since every aftermarket spring maker is all over the place with the actual height. One companies 2.5s are anothers 3. Other issue is that every sping sags after it is installed. So i guess I am no help.

I would give TF a call and provide them some measurements. No reason guessing and hoping to get it right
Old 11-11-2010, 03:34 PM
JK Super Freak

move the beer cooler to the left, it's closer that way too!
Old 11-11-2010, 04:11 PM
JK Super Freak

I had a lean to the right and found the issue on mine. When I wheeled disconnected, the spring came out of it's seat (that groove on the perch) and sat on top of the perch and not in the groove so it caused the driver side to sit a half inch taller. I had reset it once and when I wheeled again, it popped out. So I seated it once again and then put spring retainers on it to keep the spring seated. Now it sits level.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mrwhite1072
Fat chick in the passenger seat-
Old 11-11-2010, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

remove all the stickers on the right side of the jeep and the lean will be gone...

Quick Reply: Jeep Leaning to the Right, exploring options....