Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep JK Wrangler Steering Attenuator BUY THIS NOW

Old 04-25-2016, 04:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Griffen was designed for safety reasons and drivers comfort not to fix issues or even improve ride. I cant comment on it but reviews are nothing short of amazing.

Fwiw SteerSmarts (Power&sons) supplies Steering components to the big 3. I wouldn't be surprised if jeep started using it on the new JL.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
The Griffen was designed for safety reasons and drivers comfort not to fix issues or even improve ride. I cant comment on it but reviews are nothing short of amazing.

Fwiw SteerSmarts (Power&sons) supplies Steering components to the big 3. I wouldn't be surprised if jeep started using it on the new JL.
I believe it would be a great benefit in the JL. And departed JK.

It does not claim to fix or improve ride, but I would say it surely improves both comfort and control or composure.

The concept in a five link suspension and driveline, to me, is a no brainier in the form of the JK product
Old 04-25-2016, 05:27 PM
JK Junkie

I believe he is working on a TJ model as well.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Not trying to bash. I took a quick glance at the thing online, I think I'll keep my non-attenuated solid connection. I don't really think this is a mask for major problems like a dual stabilizer, I just think it's a less solid connection with what is going on with your steering.

If my ride gets too jittery I'll drop a couple more psi in the tires. $100 buys a lot of other jeep parts that are higher on my list.

But if you dig it. Then dig it! To each their own.

That's why it's a Jeep.

Happy Jeeping!

Edit: as a side note, I hate the fly by wire throttle, and the hydraulic clutch, because they are both as numb as physically possible. For me this is not the feeling I want in my vehicle. I want to feel the clutch engage and disengage. I want the throttle to feel like it is connected to something. To each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Last edited by tjkamp; 04-25-2016 at 07:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Jeep JK Wrangler Steering Attenuator BUY THIS NOW