Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep JK Wrangler Steering Attenuator BUY THIS NOW

Old 04-25-2016, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep JK Wrangler Steering Attenuator

EASIEST INSTALL EVER!! do not dare bring this in to a shop if you have jack stands, or wheel ramps....can be done with wheels on the ground probably?

Not much mushier then stock, and YES it does isolate the road form the steering wheel, but not in a lacking sort of way. although you cant feel everything you did before, you still have total control, and every aspect of the drive is just as engaging.

i have a huge sweeping turn near my home with two speed bumps mid turn(25MPH posted)(its one of those bumps at 5MPH its like a boulder and at 40MPH its smooth as silk...kinda) ....at 40mph stock, the jeep had crazy bump steer and really clumsy recovery...with the attenuator, the jeep might be bumpsteering, but the amount of dampening in the attenuator is perfect! steering wheel has no lash or jerkiness and perfect recovery of control.

THE BEST PART?
Heavy winds
Road Grooves and Road crown
speed bumps at speed
transitioning from dirt to pavement and reverse......
mid turn undulations that would otherwise cause severe body roll.

it might seem like a leap of faith, but even in stock form it is noticeable, i am one with my vehicles, and after some time behind the wheel, i know whats right and whats wrong, and the limits of danger...please understand, i intend to sue everyone who says NO to making a drag link attenuator OEM. can you tell me why it isnt offered stock for the price?

bang for buck, best performance enhancer. and i say enhancer, because im not sure if i can complete a figure eight faster..

Last edited by jkjouster; 04-25-2016 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ill pass. my jeep drives just fine as it is.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

It's not offered stock because we have a $20 clamp and a $70 steering stabilizer. Both of those are cheaper than the $150 attenuator. I looked into one a while back and still peek every now and again but that $150 can buy a new drag link from end to end.

I think this is going to be one of those products that you've got to try it to buy it. I don't have the faith to spend $150 blindly.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:06 PM
JK Junkie

Out of the 100+ plus reviews on WF, maybe 2 meh's. I dont recall one bad review yet. Other then issues quickly fixed by SteerSmarts.
people love the thing, all i can say

I run the Yeti drag link so will finally be able to review the HD Attenuator when it becomes available.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3809638742.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	645001  
Old 04-25-2016, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts

So if you have bumpsteer issues, why not fix what's causing it?

EDIT - and re-reading your initial post. This sounds like a device that'll mask steering problems until they develop into more serious problems. Perhaps I'm wrong....

Last edited by jedg; 04-25-2016 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
It's not offered stock because we have a $20 clamp and a $70 steering stabilizer. Both of those are cheaper than the $150 attenuator. I looked into one a while back and still peek every now and again but that $150 can buy a new drag link from end to end.

I think this is going to be one of those products that you've got to try it to buy it. I don't have the faith to spend $150 blindly.
I concur.

The only thing being the physics of a steering system. There is only one connection from the steering input to the steering component being the wheel. Metal to metal to metal. Something about what the attenuator does and is is fascinating for a jeep, or 5 link solid axle setup like a jeep

The clamp I assume is the adjusting sleeve? This is for adjusting purposes only...

The attenuator adjusts and dampens/insulates

Don't buy blind, research and make an informed decision, or be impulsive and accidentally make great purchase

Last edited by jkjouster; 04-25-2016 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
ill pass. my jeep drives just fine as it is.
Coming from the factory mine drives flawlessly as well, for a jeep. never said it doesn't do what jeep wants it to do
Old 04-25-2016, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Out of the 100+ plus reviews on WF, maybe 2 meh's. I dont recall one bad review yet. Other then issues quickly fixed by SteerSmarts.
people love the thing, all i can say

I run the Yeti drag link so will finally be able to review the HD Attenuator when it becomes available.
Hot damn that's news to me... A heavy duty drag link with attenuator is a great idea
Old 04-25-2016, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jedg
It's not that I had an actual issue. Jeep drove perfect and inline. I guess depending on people's backgrounds and experience with different vehicles, setups and sports, you believe in different snake oils that add to the benefit of an experience. I believe in everything about the product, proven or unproven. It works.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jedg

EDIT - and re-reading your initial post. This sounds like a device that'll mask steering problems until they develop into more serious problems. Perhaps I'm wrong....
Truthfully it may actually subdue and hide problems that arise, you are correct. It would hide ALITTLE out of balance tires, and very small cases of death wobble possibly. But adding it to a factory or in spec setup has improvements. Maintenance and upkeep is key, I always keep an eye and hand on my jeep

Quick Reply: Jeep JK Wrangler Steering Attenuator BUY THIS NOW