Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep JK Dana 30 Alloy 30 Spline axels ... are they made?

Old 01-15-2016, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2climbbig
I really don't believe its necessary only because I ran the USA Alloys in 27 spline and they are one tough bugger. When I finally broke them I also toasted my ring gear. Would be interesting to hear from others about how strong their alloy was/is. Did your diff go out first or did you break your upgraded 27 spline shaft?
I broke a 27 spline superior cromo shaft at the splines. It took my Detroit and ring gear with it.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:50 PM
JK Newbie

Default Not yet

I haven't broken my Jeep yet; in fact, I just ordered it yesterday. I intend to put an ARB locker in the front, so I have the option of using a 30 spline shaft. I think the price is comparable to the 27 spline aftermarket shaft, though spares would be harder to come by.

What gearing were you running when you broke the R&P?
Old 01-15-2016, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

4.88's

Quick Reply: Jeep JK Dana 30 Alloy 30 Spline axels ... are they made?