Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep JK 3.6 Manual L4 load stall issue

Old 02-16-2014, 03:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep JK 3.6 Manual L4 load stall issue

This problem is driving me crazy. It only happens to manual Jeeps with drive by wire in 4 Low and under load. When you load the car with the clutch to the point where its going to stall and start applying more*throttle*it instantly dies as if the PCM pulled ignition.

I tried sprint booster and it didn't help. I tried Diablo and it didn't help. I geared up from 3.21 to 4.56 and it pushed the load threshold higher so I can climb steeper rocks with the clutch only, but the PCM fuel cut is still there a when I start applying more*throttle*at peak load it dies instantly.

I have yet to find someone to program this PCM protection feature out. Otherwise, I see the following options to solve this:
1. Change to a standalone PCM with cable*throttle if that option work or available.
2. Drop a LS engine with a*throttle*cable*throttle and have fulla control over throttle.
3. Install a 4 Speed Atlas transfer case with 11.3 Low gear to increase load threshold so no need to use*throttle*but this doesn't solve the*throttle*problem.

Anyone found a solution for this?

Quick Reply: Jeep JK 3.6 Manual L4 load stall issue