Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep hit while on vacation...Advice???

Old 02-08-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep hit while on vacation...Advice???

Hi everyone! I just came home from vacation and my Jeep was hit while it was parked in the street. I am worried about frame damage, so my question is should I take it to a dealership to check the frame or would any good repair shop be just as able to detect minor (or major) damage to the Jeep, frame specifically? I hear it was hit at about 35 mph from my neighbor who witnessed it. It was hit in the rear left corner. It is too dark now but I will check for other damage at daylight. Thanks for any advice!
Old 02-08-2009, 06:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any GOOD bodyshop will have a frame machine and be able to tell if its bent and possibly straighten it also. I would stay away from a dealer body shop, they generally dont have the best people.

Good luck!
Old 02-08-2009, 07:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tkob1060
any GOOD bodyshop will have a frame machine and be able to tell if its bent and possibly straighten it also. I would stay away from a dealer body shop, they generally dont have the best people.

Good luck!
X2, must have been a heck of a hit if you are worried about the frame.
Post up where you are and maybe someone will be local that can point you in the right direction.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe make a post in the CA Staging area and ask for a good body shop to goto
Old 02-08-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doc307
X2, must have been a heck of a hit if you are worried about the frame.
Post up where you are and maybe someone will be local that can point you in the right direction.
The neighbor that witnessed the hit is a mechanic for Ford, he looked at the damage on my Jeep and the other vehicle, which made it down my street and could not go any further from the damage it suffered.(It was a Jeep Cherokee) The occupants left it there. He is the one who thinks there is frame damage. I am a girl who likes to drive and wheel Jeeps, but doesn't really have any mechanical knowledge. That is why I love this site. So, thanks again for the advice.
Bay Area, Ca

Last edited by ski313; 02-08-2009 at 07:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Jeep hit while on vacation...Advice???