Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep grill slot shape

Old 03-09-2014, 11:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Collyn
Ok. My mission is to go to the dealer tomorrow and pop off one of these inserts and pop it onto my 2012 Sahara to show that the grill is actually the same grill. Just a little part snapped onto it that makes opening look smaller and squared off.
please! i'm looking forward to seeing this. but I'm pretty sure it won't fit.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just saw a dragon edition in person and it is a new grill.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahahaha !!!! Real Jeeps have rounded grill slots..... Geez!!! Went through this with 2 YJs, you guys are gonna pay
Old 03-30-2014, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

This new grille is a totally different grille (p/n 68240419AB) with a list price of $1287.78 and comes unpainted only. It does included the inserts and headlight buckets.

The headlight buckets are indeed a separate piece that snap in from the back and are also held in place with 3 clips. The grille inserts snap into the grille and are held in place in special slots. These inserts will not fit a normal grille.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by luckeydoug1
This new grille is a totally different grille (p/n 68240419AB) with a list price of $1287.78 and comes unpainted only. It does included the inserts and headlight buckets.

The headlight buckets are indeed a separate piece that snap in from the back and are also held in place with 3 clips. The grille inserts snap into the grille and are held in place in special slots. These inserts will not fit a normal grille.
YES! it is true... but the list price... NO!

thanks for the details.

Quick Reply: Jeep grill slot shape