Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep grill slot shape

Old 03-07-2014, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2014 model years are slightly differnt. Notice all the flatter have clear turn sigs.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TxRdStr
2014 model years are slightly differnt. Notice all the flatter have clear turn sigs.
Yes, I did know that. I own a 2014 sport S with the clear sigs, but the grill slots are still rounded like the 2013 and older models. it seems the flatter ones are only in the limited editions with the inserts.
althought, according to the replies here, it's all in my head! lol
Old 03-07-2014, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe they reformed the grille. I see it in that pic. It's possible they contracted a new company and they changed it slightly. In that, I'd say they are using stock on hand for some. I can't believe they'd make such a minor change for a special ed. Then again all the special ed is is minor changes.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here's your answer, you were right sitting duk...

https://blog.jeep.com/models/jeepwra...dition-photos/

"The Wrangler Polar Edition is based on a Jeep Wrangler Sahara and features 18-inch alloy wheels, a new front grille and power dome hood. The hood decal details an outline of mountains and a “Polar” badge near the front fender flares. On the badge are the geographic coordinates of Vostok (in Antarctica), the place where the world’s coldest temperature was recorded."
Old 03-08-2014, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 170-3tree
Maybe they reformed the grille. I see it in that pic. It's possible they contracted a new company and they changed it slightly. In that, I'd say they are using stock on hand for some. I can't believe they'd make such a minor change for a special ed. Then again all the special ed is is minor changes.
Interesting thought about different companies.
Agree. It is weird that they would make such minor change for a special edition. But that minor change I like a lot! Ha
Old 03-08-2014, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Val 2.0
Here's your answer, you were right sitting duk... https://blog.jeep.com/models/jeepwra...dition-photos/ "The Wrangler Polar Edition is based on a Jeep Wrangler Sahara and features 18-inch alloy wheels, a new front grille and power dome hood. The hood decal details an outline of mountains and a “Polar” badge near the front fender flares. On the badge are the geographic coordinates of Vostok (in Antarctica), the place where the world’s coldest temperature was recorded."
YES! I'm not going crazy. Haha! Thanks!!!
Old 03-08-2014, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw the griller on the special editions at the dealer the other day, they have a rubber insert in the slots that give them the flat appearance.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is the grill inserts creating the illusion.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RubiKing
It is the grill inserts creating the illusion.
I was just at the dealer getting an oil change. Saw a polar edition in person. Totally a new grill, and flatter. There's a new groove for the insert to sit on

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-349707593.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	536012

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2925901016.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	536011

Blue is the polar
Old 03-08-2014, 02:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok. My mission is to go to the dealer tomorrow and pop off one of these inserts and pop it onto my 2012 Sahara to show that the grill is actually the same grill. Just a little part snapped onto it that makes opening look smaller and squared off.

Quick Reply: Jeep grill slot shape