Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep Exhuast

Old 01-18-2014, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Exhuast

So I am currently running no muffler, i had a flowmaster 40(3.8l), unbolted it one day to see how it sounded and i honestly like it. I know a lot of people dont and or think its ricey, but with my intake and how i drive i i like it. So what im wondering is, where or what exactly do i need to continue the piping straightback. i dont want to weld it on in case i need to switch on my muffler again. So basically i don't know the angle i need to get from the top of my axle out of the back of the jeep. and my reasoning for wanting to even add more piping on is because when i drive around people can literally notice that the sound comes from underneath. Any input is appreciated.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what about having a slight extension welded on and having it turn down right before the rear axle then you can tell people its an "off road exhaust"
Old 01-18-2014, 07:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default are you saying for

inspections you might need to put it back?
Old 01-18-2014, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
inspections you might need to put it back?
yeah for inspections would i?
Old 01-18-2014, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by holmes4x4
what about having a slight extension welded on and having it turn down right before the rear axle then you can tell people its an "off road exhaust"
its already turned down right after the rear axle, i like the fact its hidden and all and i actually do tell some people its an offroad exxhuast , but i want the sound coming out the back of my jeep not the bottom. and i dont really want to weld it, i know i can clamp it just like my muffler was. Just wondering what exact piping/angle and length i need to get it right under maybe even before the rear bumper
Old 01-18-2014, 08:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default most

Originally Posted by Josephrobby
its already turned down right after the rear axle, i like the fact its hidden and all and i actually do tell some people its an offroad exxhuast , but i want the sound coming out the back of my jeep not the bottom. and i dont really want to weld it, i know i can clamp it just like my muffler was. Just wondering what exact piping/angle and length i need to get it right under maybe even before the rear bumper
local muffler shops can bend you a short piece for cheap money id imagine they have hydrolic benders for that could prob get a coupling of some type even for electrical that might fit it like 2 inch and just tighten the screws by screw driver is what id do if its coming off for a inspection anyway make it so you can toss it on and off any time and toss the org back on for your inspection sticker time

* but im not sure if when you toss the muffler back on how yould seal that up to pass a inspection if exaust fumes would come out of joint where its temporary maybe duct seal it and slam it in they wont notice it puddy or silicone , then leave and pull it off toss the other back on the things we have to do to satisfy the law while they fu&k us right to are face

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-18-2014 at 08:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Jeep Exhuast