Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jeep Alignment

Old 05-14-2008, 01:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Alignment

Ok so I got a lifetime alignment service with my new firestone tires.

Problem is, I noticed on the bill, they set there computer to a Jeep TJ .... when Mine is a JK..... is there a big difference?

Can someone post the specs my jeep should have.... Ive got 265/75/16s and the OME lift on?

I know there is a write up over do it yourself alignment but it would be nice to just be able to give the guys at firestone the specs so they can do it right.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

they should have the correct info, i also have the lifetime at firestone, they have gotten smarter compared to the first time i took it in.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:01 PM
JK Freak

i seen the spec sheet they where aligning my JK to the specs of a 2006 TJ.......... so that should be correct or should I say something next time i take her in for an align
Old 05-14-2008, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by derekls
i seen the spec sheet they where aligning my JK to the specs of a 2006 TJ.......... so that should be correct or should I say something next time i take her in for an align
they should have the specs by now, i was looking through all my old sheets, they did the same to minefirst two times, the last 3 done with jk, because they have with the caster reccomended etc...i would just ask.... they have the info may not looked for it but they did..i will after trail rides i do an inspection, to check parts and stuff, and a couple of times done an quick alignment just for the ride home. but take it in becasue the darn esp will kick on more frequent when the alignment is out....that is usually my first indication.

my firestone shop rocks so far, but i have had them on other vehicles i usually get the same dude to do my alignment, he is a jeeper himself so think that helps.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:10 PM
JK Freak

They told me that it wasnt off bad... just tweaked the toe some........

Told me to bring it back after every offroad trip I do and if I add anything to the suspension because theywant to make sure my tires wear good for me

Next time I am there I will tell them that I have a JK not a TJ
Old 05-14-2008, 09:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't want to defend them, but if the software on their Hunter machine is not updated the fastest way to get an alignment going on the rack is to pick a car that the software does have. Even if you have a 06 TJ on the screen, you can adjust the thing anyway you want. All you have to do is ignore the pretty little red and green bars and set it up using any numbers they see fit.

Your JK may be aligned perfectly even if your sheet says TJ. The only one who knows for sure is the tech at Firestone. I'd get the real toe specs and verify the final numbers you were given are in spec.

Quick Reply: Jeep Alignment