Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JCR's Terrible customer service to match what they build...

Old 01-17-2015, 03:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hate to see you had a problem. I have JCR sliders and couldn't be happier with the product or company. As I was one earlier purchasers, they actually called twice to see if I had any issues with the installation. I'd say respond to their attempt to help in this thread and give them a shot to make it right. As for the OP unloading, everyone gets frustrated at times especially when you just wanted to work on your rig so cut him some slack. OP, next time just ask for help here, there is almost always someone who can help out.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is likely more of a problem with Jeep, rather than the JCR bummer. The frame rail tolerances vary from Jeep to Jeep, especially in the back. I run overpriced AEV gear which is supposed to fit like OEM, which most of it does, except for the rear bumper. It even stated in my instruction manual that you may have to do some drilling for the rear bumper.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have never had any problems with JCR. Every product that i have from the bumpers and sliders fit like a glove and the rear needed a little drilling but the costumer service was amazing and by far some of the best ive ever delt with.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:11 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I will play devil's advocate on the side of the OP. Some times you have issues and you contact the mfg and get the run around and/or no help. After a few calls like this you get p!ssed and post in a public forum and bang you get help. Happened to me once bought product that was warrantied for life it broke in a short time. I called as well as emailed the owner of the company as it was a smaller company and he told me to pound sand and insisted that I was the first person who ever complained. He got to be bigger and joined a forum as a vendor and posted a 100% customer satisfaction rating. I recontacted him via email and asked if he remembered my issues and he said "nope and it was too long ago to help" so I posted our email correspondences on the forum and lo and behold he did an about face. I think sometimes it has to happen publicly before issues get taken care of. Not saying that is what happened here but based on jcr's response it sounds possible that the OP may have had issues and perhaps did not get to talk to the right person at jcr when he called.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
I will play devil's advocate on the side of the OP. Some times you have issues and you contact the mfg and get the run around and/or no help. After a few calls like this you get p!ssed and post in a public forum and bang you get help. Happened to me once bought product that was warrantied for life it broke in a short time. I called as well as emailed the owner of the company as it was a smaller company and he told me to pound sand and insisted that I was the first person who ever complained. He got to be bigger and joined a forum as a vendor and posted a 100% customer satisfaction rating. I recontacted him via email and asked if he remembered my issues and he said "nope and it was too long ago to help" so I posted our email correspondences on the forum and lo and behold he did an about face. I think sometimes it has to happen publicly before issues get taken care of. Not saying that is what happened here but based on jcr's response it sounds possible that the OP may have had issues and perhaps did not get to talk to the right person at jcr when he called.
Come on, you know you abused the product

Haha. I agree with your perspective. We've all been there. Had he been a member of the forum, I think the responses would have been different. No one appreciates random slander. The other issue is that he could have posted it more as a question rather than to come on and flame the company. He would have gotten the same response from JCR and a lot more respect here.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:17 AM
JK Newbie

Default You are all right...

Yes it was my bad to make my first post a pissed off one! I am just aggravated over the whole process. I should have asked questions first but I went right to the manufacturer with no help or at least the help I wanted. I love the look and function of JCRs products but it has been one thing after another with this installation that has made me feel the opposite. I'm over it and all I ask is for is a full refund. When that wasn't even an option I have become bitter over the whole thing. When I was told I would be "talked through" the install as my only real option that infuriated me further. I wish it was different , why not just take it back? It's not that I don't like it I am just not satisfied with the install of it. The lesser of the two evils is make the customer happy and issue a refund rather then them being forced to keep a product they are not happy with and won't refer ones they know to you. I have everything in original boxes in original condition just waiting for the go ahead to return.

Thank you everyone, I am going to use this forum as much as possible in the future. I never knew how helpful it would be.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suggest that you post the bumper in the for sale section. I bet it will sell. Then you can be done with the bumper and get a different brand.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:36 AM
JK Freak

Instead of fighting about it, why not selling it locally on C List or something. I doubt they'd spring for return shipping, so you'd come out ahead.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BOLOGNA
Yes it was my bad to make my first post a pissed off one! I am just aggravated over the whole process. I should have asked questions first but I went right to the manufacturer with no help or at least the help I wanted. I love the look and function of JCRs products but it has been one thing after another with this installation that has made me feel the opposite. I'm over it and all I ask is for is a full refund. When that wasn't even an option I have become bitter over the whole thing. When I was told I would be "talked through" the install as my only real option that infuriated me further. I wish it was different , why not just take it back? It's not that I don't like it I am just not satisfied with the install of it. The lesser of the two evils is make the customer happy and issue a refund rather then them being forced to keep a product they are not happy with and won't refer ones they know to you. I have everything in original boxes in original condition just waiting for the go ahead to return.

Thank you everyone, I am going to use this forum as much as possible in the future. I never knew how helpful it would be.
I hear what you are saying and can sympathize. I've run into similar things, but never with JCR, personally. I am not doubting your story, but it sounds like they did try and make it right some how. If you like the bumper so much, why not reach out to a local Jeep club and get some help?

Seriously, Jeep owners are by far the most helpful group of people i have ever come across. There's an occasional bad apple, but we ignore those and move on.

I know JCR cuts their bumpers on a computer guided plasma table, so if there are any tolerance issues, they have got to be minor. If you are having that many problems, I would be shocked if it really was the bumper.

I think you're being little unfair to JCR asking for a full refund for something that is likely not their fault, but just a case of circumstance that can be easily rectified. You say you love the bumper, but then you say you're not happy with it. It sounds like you are more unhappy with yourself because you have had such a hard time getting it installed.

I really wish you were closer to me. We'd have that thing installed in no time and you'd be wondering what all the fuss was about and you'd be glad you kept it.

Take some pictures, show us where you are having problems, we'll help where we can.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by monkeyevil
Daryl from JCR here. First off let me say I'm sorry for the issues you have had installing our product. We try and account for whatever situations that may come up through product design and installation instructions, but there is a always a small chance that you will need to do something outside of the typical steps on any installation. I wasn't the person that dealt with you on the phone or through e-mails, but if I can guess from your post, you are talking about the two 1/2 bolts that go through the rear crossmember. Yes sometimes one side lines up perfectly, but sometimes you do need to drill both sides. You are correct that this variance in some instances means that the bolts are not 100% perpendicular to the bumper or ground, but it doesn't change the clamping force or the strenth of this attachment with the oversized hardware provided. If we didn't provide these bolts in your kit, that is 110% our fault and I'm sorry for that. We are currenlty moving to hardware kits assembled offsite, and there are a few headaches that come with any transition like that. I would be more than happy to send you the correct bolts. Just contact us and let us know. As far as a full refund for the product returned, we typically want to make the order right and the customer happy before it gets to that. Let me know what else I can do.
This seems like pretty good customer service if you ask me... Just my .02

Quick Reply: JCR's Terrible customer service to match what they build...