Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JCR's Terrible customer service to match what they build...

Old 01-16-2015, 07:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down JCR's Terrible customer service to match what they build...

Today I got off the phone with Kevin from JCR after 3 weeks of emails back and forth about the issues with my crusader bumper and tire carrier not fitting my JK correct !

Guess what? They do not stand behind the products they build and offer no refund. He said he would talk me through the install (like the movie ghost) and try to help me bolt it up. The problem I have is that the bumper doesn't line up with the factory holes that the instructions and video tell you to use, and I was not provided the proper hardware to install the bumper to begin with. Now he expects me to drill out more of my frame to place the bolts I had to buy myself through the rounded part of the rear crossmember of my frame so the bolt can sit at a 45 degree angle and not flush though the frame. After countless emails and now talking on the phone with them I could not be more disappointed with their products and the "customer service" they provide. They said that all they would do is hook me up with a 15% restocking fee if I returned the bumper to them. So now they want me to pay more money to return a bumper that does not fit back to them, wow such nice guys! Im sure my money fits perfect in the pockets of the employees but as for my bumper in still sits in my garage.

I love the look and idea of the bumper and took me a while to pull the trigger and buy but wow do I regret it!

I provided them pictures and anything they needed to assist in my claim, terrible customer service! Its not like I hate the bumper , I hate the fact that its doesn't fit correctly and that they don't care about me as a customer. They say that they can do nothing about the return policy and I'm beat on getting a full refund. Wow even if i could some how work miracles and have them talk me through an "install" on the phone ,why would I want this on the back of my Jeep to advertise for such a poor company that doesn't work with its customers?

They need to right the wrong and just take it back and be done with me!

Good Luck with any JCR purchase, I do not recommend it at all!
Old 01-16-2015, 07:46 AM
JK Freak

Can you post some photo's of the problem?
My sliders fit perfectly

Last edited by TreyJK; 01-16-2015 at 07:49 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BOLOGNA
Today I got off the phone with Kevin from JCR after 3 weeks of emails back and forth about the issues with my crusader bumper and tire carrier not fitting my JK correct ! Guess what? They do not stand behind the products they build and offer no refund. He said he would talk me through the install (like the movie ghost) and try to help me bolt it up. The problem I have is that the bumper doesn't line up with the factory holes that the instructions and video tell you to use, and I was not provided the proper hardware to install the bumper to begin with. Now he expects me to drill out more of my frame to place the bolts I had to buy myself through the rounded part of the rear crossmember of my frame so the bolt can sit at a 45 degree angle and not flush though the frame. After countless emails and now talking on the phone with them I could not be more disappointed with their products and the "customer service" they provide. They said that all they would do is hook me up with a 15% restocking fee if I returned the bumper to them. So now they want me to pay more money to return a bumper that does not fit back to them, wow such nice guys! Im sure my money fits perfect in the pockets of the employees but as for my bumper in still sits in my garage. I love the look and idea of the bumper and took me a while to pull the trigger and buy but wow do I regret it! I provided them pictures and anything they needed to assist in my claim, terrible customer service! Its not like I hate the bumper , I hate the fact that its doesn't fit correctly and that they don't care about me as a customer. They say that they can do nothing about the return policy and I'm beat on getting a full refund. Wow even if i could some how work miracles and have them talk me through an "install" on the phone ,why would I want this on the back of my Jeep to advertise for such a poor company that doesn't work with its customers? They need to right the wrong and just take it back and be done with me! Good Luck with any JCR purchase, I do not recommend it at all!
I had JCR bumper and sliders on my old JK and they all fit without any issues. Their customer service is top notch! They are a great group of guys who make great products.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would have an issue with drilling out my frame also. Do they just want you to make the bolt holes a little bigger or actually drill new holes in the frame?
A lot of times it really depends who your working with from the place of purchase.
I would ask to speak with his manager or owner and if your that unhappy with the product, just tell them you want a refund.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post pics!
Old 01-16-2015, 08:17 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
JcrOffroad Representative

Originally Posted by BOLOGNA
Today I got off the phone with Kevin from JCR after 3 weeks of emails back and forth about the issues with my crusader bumper and tire carrier not fitting my JK correct !

Guess what? They do not stand behind the products they build and offer no refund. He said he would talk me through the install (like the movie ghost) and try to help me bolt it up. The problem I have is that the bumper doesn't line up with the factory holes that the instructions and video tell you to use, and I was not provided the proper hardware to install the bumper to begin with. Now he expects me to drill out more of my frame to place the bolts I had to buy myself through the rounded part of the rear crossmember of my frame so the bolt can sit at a 45 degree angle and not flush though the frame. After countless emails and now talking on the phone with them I could not be more disappointed with their products and the "customer service" they provide. They said that all they would do is hook me up with a 15% restocking fee if I returned the bumper to them. So now they want me to pay more money to return a bumper that does not fit back to them, wow such nice guys! Im sure my money fits perfect in the pockets of the employees but as for my bumper in still sits in my garage.

I love the look and idea of the bumper and took me a while to pull the trigger and buy but wow do I regret it!

I provided them pictures and anything they needed to assist in my claim, terrible customer service! Its not like I hate the bumper , I hate the fact that its doesn't fit correctly and that they don't care about me as a customer. They say that they can do nothing about the return policy and I'm beat on getting a full refund. Wow even if i could some how work miracles and have them talk me through an "install" on the phone ,why would I want this on the back of my Jeep to advertise for such a poor company that doesn't work with its customers?

They need to right the wrong and just take it back and be done with me!

Good Luck with any JCR purchase, I do not recommend it at all!
Daryl from JCR here.

First off let me say I'm sorry for the issues you have had installing our product. We try and account for whatever situations that may come up through product design and installation instructions, but there is a always a small chance that you will need to do something outside of the typical steps on any installation. I wasn't the person that dealt with you on the phone or through e-mails, but if I can guess from your post, you are talking about the two 1/2 bolts that go through the rear crossmember. Yes sometimes one side lines up perfectly, but sometimes you do need to drill both sides. You are correct that this variance in some instances means that the bolts are not 100% perpendicular to the bumper or ground, but it doesn't change the clamping force or the strenth of this attachment with the oversized hardware provided.

If we didn't provide these bolts in your kit, that is 110% our fault and I'm sorry for that. We are currenlty moving to hardware kits assembled offsite, and there are a few headaches that come with any transition like that. I would be more than happy to send you the correct bolts. Just contact us and let us know.

As far as a full refund for the product returned, we typically want to make the order right and the customer happy before it gets to that. Let me know what else I can do.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I find it interesting that the OP's one and ONLY post to this forum so far is a rant against JCR.

I have JCR front and rear bumpers, a tire carrier and their classic sliders on my 2014 2-door. I had very few problems with any of the installs. Heck, I installed the front bumper in a grass parking lot of the Bantam Jeep Festival last year. With NO power tools. I had issues with my rear bumper, but it was MY fault because I didn't have the bumper sitting quite right. And yes, I had to drill some extra holes in my frame rails that ADD STRENGTH to the bumper. Why wouldn't you want to do that?

In any case, the OP would probably have been better severed if his/her first post would have been one asking for help rather than a b*tch fest. If I was anywhere near Beachwood, NJ, I would have been more than happy to come and help. I can bet that I am not the only one, too.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JCR is not at fault. While it would make theirs and our lives easier if every Jeep came from the factory with exact tolerances, it just isn't the case. At least half the bolt on products I've bought needed some modification. Shoot, I was grinding brand new link brackets this morning as they were too tight. It happens.

In addition, drill some holes in your frame! There is not a single reason not to. There's already a ton of holes in the frame, what's a few more?
Old 01-16-2015, 11:08 AM
JK Freak

Another satisfied JCR customer here. To the OP,,,, Figure it out!!! Everything is not always "plug and play" Custom Modifications are just that,,, Custom!
Old 01-16-2015, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love my JCR Front bumper. No problems at all with fitment.

Also find it weird that you created an account just to post a topic about JCR being bad.

Quick Reply: JCR's Terrible customer service to match what they build...