Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JCR Vs. RR XHD Front bumpers

Old 05-05-2012, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JCR Vs. RR XHD Front bumpers

I have the money to buy a new front bumper and have narrowed it down to two choices....kind of. My first pick was the Smittybilt XRC MOD, but I keep hearing everyone say they are out of stock and it could be months IF they are ever stocked.

I was also looking at the RR XHD, I have the rear XHD and it's been a decent bumper. I'm not hung up on matching front and back as long as the finish is close on both of them. I ran across JCR bumpers and I really like the front mid-width pre-runner bumper. (I am looking at both the RR and JCR winch bumpers). The price with all the add on's and shipping is pretty close but the JCR is not finished, good and bad I guess. I'm sure that's going to be $150 to get Line-x'd or some other similar finish, which makes the JCR a little more expensive in the end.

I can read all day long on the RR bumper and most people are pretty happy with them, I'm looking for some input on the JCR.... I think

Thanks
Old 05-05-2012, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3632182991.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	312928

Im ver happy with mine RR, hit a lot of rocks and still new. Heavy duty for sure.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

JCR all the way. They are built very well and the final fit is phenominal. I've had mine for several months now and absolutely love it. I was looking for a bumper that would use the factory fogs and mount right up along with a stinger that didn't stick way out in front as well as mount a winch all in one. They hit the nail on the head and with their quality and fit I was absolutely amazed at their work. I highly suggest and recommend the JCR Dagger series if you are looking for something very strong and light for the front end as well.

Here's a few pics to show what it looks like finished.

Hope those help ya out with your decision.

Tyler
Old 05-05-2012, 09:56 AM
JK Newbie

Oh and here is a shot from the drivers seat showing how it stick up above the hood.

Tyler
Old 05-05-2012, 10:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the RR XHD and love it, but the jcr are really nice. Do the jcr!
Old 05-05-2012, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's what I hear about their fit and finish, it's perfect. How did you finish yours, paint, bedliner? I was thinking about having the exterior Line-X'd or Rhinolined and then finishing the inside myself. Who knows, if the price isn't that different I may have them do the whole thing.

Thanks for the pics also.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Friday2322
That's what I hear about their fit and finish, it's perfect. How did you finish yours, paint, bedliner? I was thinking about having the exterior Line-X'd or Rhinolined and then finishing the inside myself. Who knows, if the price isn't that different I may have them do the whole thing.

Thanks for the pics also.
I had mine coated my a local powder coater with a uv and chemical resistant epoxy powder coating that is garunteed to last for 25 years without fade or chipping. They did an amazing job and it only cost me a hundred dollar bill to get the texture I wanted to match my flares and other plastics.

Tyler
Old 05-05-2012, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RockNmayhem
I had mine coated my a local powder coater with a uv and chemical resistant epoxy powder coating that is garunteed to last for 25 years without fade or chipping. They did an amazing job and it only cost me a hundred dollar bill to get the texture I wanted to match my flares and other plastics.

Tyler
That's an option I didn't consider, powdercoating, I didn't realize that there were texture options.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:48 AM
JK Newbie

Just realized your from Wichita. I had Lorac coat the bumper and they did one heck of a job. Sent you a pm if you wanna get ahold of me to see it for yourself.

Tyler
Old 05-05-2012, 02:03 PM
JK Freak

all these front bumpers look great.

Quick Reply: JCR Vs. RR XHD Front bumpers