Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JCR stubby dagger pre-runner winch bumper

Old 03-07-2012, 04:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Website says approx 65lbs. I didnt weigh it but had no problems at all throwing it on/off the jeep by myself. We removed a warn rockrawler the other day and it was nearly impossible to manuver alone. The smittybilt short stinger that replaced the warn was lighter but still heavier than this bumper. If i remember to bring the scale home from work tommorow i will weigh it and post results.

Shipping weight said 90lbs with the skid plate/bumper/packing materials/hardware

Last edited by ttechris; 03-07-2012 at 05:22 PM. Reason: ship weight
Old 03-07-2012, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm gonna order mine, Stubby Dagger w/o stinger next friday after I get my taxes done
Old 03-13-2012, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

Does anyone have any pics of the pre-runner style? I am torn between the pre-runner and the stinger now after looking at those 2 stinger pics. Decisions decisions........... I guess it is good to have these kind of decisions to make . It could be worse.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

Default More Stinger

Here are a few pictures of my finished stinger. I was torn between the two as well...
I really like the idea of being able to mount lights to the pre-runner.
Either way you can't go wrong. I mounted a winch today, but am a bit unhappy with the vendor that sold it to me, so I'm going to hold off on posting pics.

Last edited by ttechris; 03-13-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ttechris
Here are a few pictures of my finished stinger. I was torn between the two as well...
I really like the idea of being able to mount lights to the pre-runner.
Either way you can't go wrong. I mounted a winch today, but am a bit unhappy with the vendor that sold it to me, so I'm going to hold off on posting pics.

I like the matching grill is that bedliner? What kind of winch did you go with, I am getting ready to order one of those also.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:47 PM
JK Freak

Yes its a DIY bed liner called raptor liner(spray on) Did the bumper/ grill at the same time. I ordered a Recon 10.5k waterproof winch with synthetic line.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:53 PM
JK Newbie

What didn't you like about it because thats exactly what i was going to order form truck and winch
Old 03-13-2012, 08:02 PM
JK Freak

Its not the winch itself. The winch seems fine, but I appear to have received some sort of demo model from them. There were all sorts of scuffs where it mounts and on the fairlead. I called then emailed them detailed photos, but have yet to receive a response on the photos. I know it will get scuffed from normal use, but I paid for a new unit.
I am impatient and mounted the winch tonight after they closed and I realized they wouldn't respond today.

I will take a picture of the winch mounted tomorrow, just don't have too many positive things to say about truck and winch at the moment

Last edited by ttechris; 03-13-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:25 PM
JK Newbie

Well I appreciate the info on the bumper and winch. I think i am ordering the tall stinger tomorrow and might go with the recon winch also.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:50 PM
JK Freak

Here's a picture with the winch. I don't think you can go wrong with it... I have read nothing but positive reviews.
I haven't had much time to play with it, but it spools much faster than the smittybilt XRC8 that I helped install on another jk a few weeks ago.

Quick Reply: JCR stubby dagger pre-runner winch bumper