Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JCR Crusader "boat" side sliders

Old 09-27-2015, 06:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Aren't we wheeling together next weekend?! You better get some frame mount sliders before you pull in behind me on the trail
We might be going to the same location, but you, I will not be following. I leave that to Ringer and Jonny. Unless it's to dinner and you're buying the drinks.

BTW, I can't wait to see that rig of yours. Been following the build for a while.

My point in all of this, is that there are really great designs, good designs, bad designs, really bad designs, and then sh*ttybilt designs in sliders. They all have negatives of some sort. The really great ones usually cost a crap ton of money and require even more to have them properly installed, i.e. nutcerts or welds.

The JCR sliders are pretty tough and I've dented them, but I have no body damage. I've seen ACE sliders (at last years FFF at Badlands) flex so much, they dented the pinch seams because they only attach at the body mounts. Same with sh*ttybilt. I've also seen the abuse Nemesis and Poison Spider can take.

Frame mounted sliders are tough as nails, but, one bad weld and you're in the same situation you'd be in with E-Autogrilles from eBay. Of course, I'm exaggerating (a little) and it all depends on the geometry of the slider, angle of the forces, etc.

There is no one right answer that fits everyone's wheeling style and budget. I went with a set that works for me. YMMV.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:33 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
We might be going to the same location, but you, I will not be following. I leave that to Ringer and Jonny. Unless it's to dinner and you're buying the drinks.

BTW, I can't wait to see that rig of yours. Been following the build for a while.

My point in all of this, is that there are really great designs, good designs, bad designs, really bad designs, and then sh*ttybilt designs in sliders. They all have negatives of some sort. The really great ones usually cost a crap ton of money and require even more to have them properly installed, i.e. nutcerts or welds.

The JCR sliders are pretty tough and I've dented them, but I have no body damage. I've seen ACE sliders (at last years FFF at Badlands) flex so much, they dented the pinch seams because they only attach at the body mounts. Same with sh*ttybilt. I've also seen the abuse Nemesis and Poison Spider can take.

Frame mounted sliders are tough as nails, but, one bad weld and
you're in the same situation you'd be in with E-Autogrilles from eBay. Of course, I'm exaggerating (a little) and it all depends on the geometry of the slider, angle of the forces, etc.

There is no one right answer that fits everyone's wheeling style and budget. I went with a set that works for me. YMMV.
We cant seems to find a record on your claim regarding our product, as with anyone that has a bad expericne with our product we always like to publicly review each issue expressed. Can you please elaborate on your personal experience you had with our sliders that warranted your statement?
Old 09-28-2015, 10:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by e-autogrilles
We cant seems to find a record on your claim regarding our product, as with anyone that has a bad expericne with our product we always like to publicly review each issue expressed. Can you please elaborate on your personal experience you had with our sliders that warranted your statement?
Your sliders bolt on to the body mounts. There are other sliders that do as well, with ACE being the most well known (I suspect it isn't a coincidence that your mount design looks like theirs, but not important). There are endless documented cases of damage from sliders that are mounted via the body mounts. This has nothing to do with the integrity of the product itself, but of the mounting system. The body mounts have a lot of flex in them and with a slider mounted to them when hit with enough force, will flex into the body causing damage.

You don't hear about it because it isn't your fault. Anyone buying sliders that mount like yours and actually use them off-road, should be well aware of that risk.

That said, it works fine for people who don't off-road or do mainly easy trails.

Last edited by Invest2m4; 09-28-2015 at 10:44 AM.

Quick Reply: JCR Crusader "boat" side sliders