Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JCR body mounted tire carrier

Old 09-04-2016, 10:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JCR body mounted tire carrier

so I'm in the market for a body mounted tire carrier. I was looking at the smittybuilt one that replaces the hinge as well but then found the JCR version and I'm thinking of getting that. From what I've seen its pretty new to the market anyone have one or seen one? How well does it work. Also I noticed some of the spot welds on the inside of my tail gate on the hinge side or passenger side are starting to separate. What is everyone doing about those ? Should I just grind off the paint and re weld it ?
Old 09-05-2016, 06:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Best thing you can do about the spot welds is get a sturdy tire carrier sooner than later, which sounds like your plan anyway.

JCR makes quality parts and I wouldn't hesitate to put their products on my Jeep. I've run their Crusader Deluxe rear bumper and carrier for year with no issue. I have sold their products through my side business and the customers have been quite pleased.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My jk has a body mounted carrier, while it is not a jcr, it is solid as hell.

Doesn't make a damn sound, no squeaks, rattles, nothing. If you like the looks of it pull the trigger, all of their stuff is top notch.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:01 AM
JK Newbie

I was going to put most all Jcr parts on my xj build but then this jk just kinda fell in my lap for a great price and followed me home. And I have heard awesome things about the jcr stuff but it's a new product and with new products come teething issues at times.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:56 AM
JK Junkie

JCR makes quality parts. Welcome to the forum.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:21 PM
JK Jedi

Can't speak to that carrier but I am running their Crusader Bumper with Shield Tire Carrier on the rear and Mauler Stubby with Skid on the front. Their stuff is top quality. Point to note is that if you order direct from them, most likely they will build it for you so there may be a slight delay.

If you call them, ask for Corey and tell him Scooby sent ya!!
Old 09-07-2016, 07:04 PM
JK Newbie

I ended up ordering the crawler concepts version. As the jcr is 15 work days out and that makes it so I won't have it for my run on the 24th. The cc was in stock so it should be here in a day or two. They look very similar
Old 09-07-2016, 07:28 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Leelootherubi
I ended up ordering the crawler concepts version. As the jcr is 15 work days out and that makes it so I won't have it for my run on the 24th. The cc was in stock so it should be here in a day or two. They look very similar
This is the direction I went and it is a beast of a carrier. Install is, interesting, I'll say that. If you have any hang ups feel free to send me a pm.

Had the carrier over a year now, still solid as a rock. Another member did a write up last summer on it as well.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

How do you mean interesting

Quick Reply: JCR body mounted tire carrier