Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JB Conversions Spring Perches w/built in Retainers

Old 11-19-2010, 11:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up JB Conversions Spring Perches w/built in Retainers

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0404.jpg
Views:	1322
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	103413 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0403.jpg
Views:	743
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	103414

After running Rock Krawler degree shims last year, I was still experiencing some bow in the rear coil springs. (For those of you who have corrected pinion angle with adjustable UCAs, you know how annoying this can be.)

I decided to do it the right way and caved for a pair of JB Conversion rear coil perches with built in spring retainers. Not cheap, but they're seriously nice billet steel pieces. Requires cutting off of the old perches and stitch welding the new ones one, but...

h++p://www.jbconversions.com/products/jk/csmounts.php

They work exactly as advertised. Increase in ride height and spring rate, no more bowing/uneven loading of the coil, no more interference with the track bar, and slick, easy to use lower retainers.

Note: I used 1/2" Tera upper spacers with a molded in post that drops down into the center of the top of the coil. It holds the OE rubber isolator in place and acts as an upper spring retainer according to Northridge (David is my farkle dealer).

Anyway, I'm quite pleased. I gained a little altitude, the springs stack straight and true now, and the Jeep rides better because of it. Two thumbs up for a great product.

Quick Reply: JB Conversions Spring Perches w/built in Retainers