Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jailbreak your.... 430N

Old 10-30-2013, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jailbreak your.... 430N

I've seen a couple references to eliminating the jeep features by jailbreaking the 430N media center. Does anyone know if this can be done? If so do you know what the advantages or disadvantages are?
Old 10-30-2013, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't mind knowing that either.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Only thing I know of is the coastal lock pick.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 430N Restrictions

Originally Posted by BLACKJacK
I've seen a couple references to eliminating the jeep features by jailbreaking the 430N media center. Does anyone know if this can be done? If so do you know what the advantages or disadvantages are?
My reason for interest in this topic is to overcome the Jeep "RESTRICTIONS" not "features" you referenced. All I can say is that the engineer that designed these restrictions must not have any friends/significant other/spouse that will ride with him/her. Having to pull over so that the passenger can enter data just seems moronic and absurd to me.

I am only familiar with the Lockpick and plan on getting one. If there are other solutions out there I'm definitely interested.

KG6SLC aka Eugene
Old 10-31-2013, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know on aftermarket systems your able to wire In a switch to fool the radio into thinking I e brake is on. That's what I've done on multiple vehicles.

Sent from my phone that Obama doesn't pay for!
Old 10-31-2013, 12:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BLACKJacK
Engineer friend of mine has a 2013 ram 2500 with 430N and he said he pulled radio and there was a wire that said do not cut or remove and he cut it. Guess what? Now family can watch movies and change destinations while driving but he said he did lose the mph and estimated time of arrival on navi. I told him to wire a switch in and unfortunately he's an engineer and doesn't leave wires loose. Aka he removed all of that wire. Lol

Quick Reply: Jailbreak your.... 430N