Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jack question

Old 03-01-2017, 05:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Someone mentioned a great point. What are you going to use for Jack points? I'm assuming you have steel bumpers and sliders you can jack on....

As far as use, don't be deterred if you're going to be wheeling. My farm jack has saved my tail on more than one occasion where my winch or winch alone wouldn't cut it. Most recently I misjudged some ruts in an area there was nothing to winch to. My scissor jack or a bottle jack would have been useless. I had to break the suction by getting my jeep above the muck and tossing wood under the tires. They can also be used as a come along, to make temporary trail repairs to get back to camp, and even be used as a land anchor for those savvy recovery experts. You may not use it often, but usually when you do, nothing else would have worked.

Quick Reply: Jack question