Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jack Location,troubles

Old 11-24-2013, 11:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jack Location,troubles

So im trying to rotate my tires onmy 2012 JK and all i got done to it is lift kit, so idk where to put the jack so i wont flex the jeep ive tried every where. please help
Old 11-24-2013, 11:25 AM
JK Junkie

You might need a base
Old 11-24-2013, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

what are you using for a jack?
Old 11-24-2013, 11:53 AM
JK Junkie

If you've only got a lift kit then there's no reason your stock jack won't work- regardless of lift hright. Do one at a time and jack where the factory recommends- under the axle tube.

Picking it up by the rear diff, rear shock mounts, and dead in the middle of the front axle won't allow it to "flex" at all.

I'm guessing this is your first time ever rotating your own tires if you're having this problem. A little reading in the manual will take you a long way.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2013, 12:19 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The AEV jack base makes a world of difference for using your oe scissor jack. Pricey for a chunk of plastic but well worth it IMO. Sent from iPhone moderating JK-Forum.com
Old 11-24-2013, 02:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls
If you've only got a lift kit then there's no reason your stock jack won't work- regardless of lift hright. Do one at a time and jack where the factory recommends- under the axle tube.

Picking it up by the rear diff, rear shock mounts, and dead in the middle of the front axle won't allow it to "flex" at all.

I'm guessing this is your first time ever rotating your own tires if you're having this problem. A little reading in the manual will take you a long way.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
First time in my JK, 100x on my CJ7. I just dont like jacking up on the axles or the diff. but i did and it worked just fine thanks tho!

Quick Reply: Jack Location,troubles