Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

J.W. SpeakerŽ Model 8700 Evolution J Series LED Headlights Too Bright?

Old 06-23-2016, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default J.W. SpeakerŽ Model 8700 Evolution J Series LED Headlights Too Bright?

Installed these and love the illumination but on dark country roads they almost seem too bright and at least 50% of drivers flash their brights at me even though I am on low beam. The headlights are correctly positioned and I think it is just because there is no ambient light that the LED's seem too bright. Hope I don't get shot!
Old 06-23-2016, 02:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the same headlights. Best money I've spent in awhile. Those lights are just as bright as meeting a Caddy or BMW on the highway with their projector lights.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same lights here I got flashed twice on a 12hour (each way) road trip right after installing them. When I got home I aimed them again and it's been almost a year and I haven't been flashed once. One thing that I think helped was I installed the horizontal adjusters the second time I aimed them. They were pointing into oncoming lanes a bit before horizontal adjustment. It's my opinion that JW should include the horizontal adjusters with the lights, they are cheap and needed IMO.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Biginboca
Same lights here I got flashed twice on a 12hour (each way) road trip right after installing them. When I got home I aimed them again and it's been almost a year and I haven't been flashed once. One thing that I think helped was I installed the horizontal adjusters the second time I aimed them. They were pointing into oncoming lanes a bit before horizontal adjustment. It's my opinion that JW should include the horizontal adjusters with the lights, they are cheap and needed IMO.
Do these not come with the light? or did you have to buy them separately?
Old 06-23-2016, 03:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SF_E60
Do these not come with the light? or did you have to buy them separately?
Mopar Part # 55078114AA

I think I paid around $10 for a pair (1 for left headlight and 1 for the right) delivered. Looks like this...

Last edited by Biginboca; 06-23-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:00 PM
JK Freak

Mopar Part # 55078114AA

I think I paid around $10 for a pair (1 for left headlight and 1 for the right) delivered. Looks like this...

Thanks for posting the part number.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:16 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks for the replies

I'm wondering about putting on a film on the lenses that would filter out 10% of the light. Any thoughts about this?
Old 06-23-2016, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

Mopar Part # 55078114AA I think I paid around $10 for a pair (1 for left headlight and 1 for the right) delivered. Looks like this...
When you put everything back together did you tighten the non-adjuster screw back in all the way along with the OE adjuster screw and newly added one? I walked over to my neighbors jeep and her lamps are sunk in to the grill, back to mine and they are popping out at 12 o'clock! Going to take it back apart tomorrow morning...I too have JW speakers and they where crossing way too early which prompted me to get these, now the cross issue is moot but I'm shooting light into the heavens! At 30ft I'm about 7ft high with my low beam! The way they pop out makes me feel like there's little to no thread left to aim em down!
Old 06-23-2016, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the same lights, used to get flashed on occasion as well. I added the horizontal adjuster as well, now centered and aimed the light a few degrees lower too. No more flashes.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Something I noticed when I installed mine last week, the indexing tabs on the lights are a tight fit in the mounting frames. Be sure you have them fully seated. Mine didn't need any horizontal adjustment, but the passenger side was a bit high.

Quick Reply: J.W. SpeakerŽ Model 8700 Evolution J Series LED Headlights Too Bright?