Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ive made a decision

Old 10-03-2007, 11:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ive made a decision

i have a 3 inch BDS lift i think im going to add 3/4 spacers up front and a 1 inch body lift how does everyone think that will work will there be any conflict with the body and 3/4 spacers together? i know its kind of a newb question sorry.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:57 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Naw, you shouldn't have any problems with the body and coil spacers but you will most likely have some steering/handling issues. But, they can be easily resolved with an adjustable front track bar and some good adjustable front upper and lower control arms.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

well i plan on running all new stuff with this set up adjustable front and rear track bars and adjustable upper and lower control arms thinking of going FT for the arms
Old 10-03-2007, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you're going to run FT bars and arms, why not just buy the full FT system. I can't see pieces a system together is more affordable, unless your buying used parts. Me and a couple of my buddies tried piecing kits together on our TJ's with mixed results, vibes in some, not in others, binding on mine, but not on theirs. This time I plan on letting the engineers do the engineering and I'm getting a complete system.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by POTO
If you're going to run FT bars and arms, why not just buy the full FT system. I can't see pieces a system together is more affordable, unless your buying used parts. Me and a couple of my buddies tried piecing kits together on our TJ's with mixed results, vibes in some, not in others, binding on mine, but not on theirs. This time I plan on letting the engineers do the engineering and I'm getting a complete system.
I agree. I'd get the whole kit so then you know everything will work together and it was designed to work together. And then, when something breaks you only have to call one company.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:29 AM
JK Newbie

well see right now im running the BDS 3 inch kit so if im goin to go and buy a new kit it would be bigger than 3 inches i just wanna get some adjustable trackbars and i hear alot of people using FT's thats why and i havent heard anything bad about them. I think jks makes adjustable control arms for our jeeps now too but im not sure. My bds kit is using the stock control arms i think according to their website does anyone have any suggestions i love the ride of my kit so i dont wanna swap it out for another 3 inch kit unless i choose to go bigger which is why im doing 3/4 spacers and a body lift.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

Is this a 2dr or a 4dr? With the 2dr, the higher you go (suspension-wise), the more potenial for dirveshaft issues if you don't replace them.

If it's a 4dr... I think you'll be fine w/what you intend to do. Adjustable track bars and control arms won't mess w/rubbing, vibration, etc. You'll be fine. You're gonna improve the ride w/the adjustable stuff... espcially the control arms.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:49 AM
JK Newbie

its a 2 door i just know that wayoflife was telling me that if i throw the 3/4 spacers and the one inch body i might have steering issues so i just want everything to ride just as good as before i did anything because i love my jeeps ride now and i dont want the body lift and spacers to screw it up so im thinking of going with FT arms all over the ultimate ones adjustable trackbars front and rear and jks quick discos and a and 5:13 gers then just wait for my 35's to wear out
Old 10-04-2007, 09:05 AM
JK Newbie

well i priced it out and by the time i buy everything id need to make it ride well i might as well just get a new lift i priced out all the bds arms to matchmy kit and its like $1200 bucks for the flex arms and thats before the adjustable track bars i should just buy a new kit for that price think im gonna go skyjacker 5 inch and a new adjustable track bar that way i know ill be alot taller and run 37's with no problem.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:19 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jacked up JK
well i priced it out and by the time i buy everything id need to make it ride well i might as well just get a new lift i priced out all the bds arms to matchmy kit and its like $1200 bucks for the flex arms and thats before the adjustable track bars i should just buy a new kit for that price think im gonna go skyjacker 5 inch and a new adjustable track bar that way i know ill be alot taller and run 37's with no problem.
Beware that if you're going 5", you WILL need driveline mods - just want to make sure that you consider that cost, too...

Quick Reply: ive made a decision