Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I've got a pull

Old 12-24-2010, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I've got a pull

08 Jk 4dr auto.
The jeep has been driving straight as an arrow since I've got it new until the last week or so. Steering wheel is straight and drives straight, but when you let go of the wheel, it starts to wander over to the left. Nothing major, just a slight pull.
I had a TF 2.5 BB and 35s put on a few months ago, but again, it was driving nice and straight afterward. This is just something new.
I haven't had any work done to it since the lift except for oil changes and even that was a while ago.
I checked the air pressure in the tires and they're all at 28 psi. I'm not mechanically inclined, so after the air check I'm out
any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-24-2010, 03:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you hit any pot-holes...it could have thrown out the alignment.

thats my only thought seeing as i have no mechanical skills either
Old 12-24-2010, 03:46 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you rotated your tires? Try moving the rears to the front, see if it changes. This is the first thing I would do.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got a free tire rotation coming up from the shop that put on the lift. I'll see if that helps.

I've been hitting potholes like crazy lately. I guess at my age the eyes are starting to go. I try to avoid them, but you'd think I was aiming for them.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is not something you wanna hear, and it may or may not be the case for you. I had the same thing happen to me. put it up on an alignment machine and my camber was off, guess somewhere along the line my ears got bent. yes, those easily bent ears. lucky for me my Prorock is sitting in the garage and waiting to be installed, so i didnt care.

may wanna check camber.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll have that checked too. I'm really hoping its something that's easily fixed.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd start by re-torquing the front suspension bolts. Ie: make sure everything is tight under there. Check your track bar, Upper and lower control arms. Then check your alignment.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

If I can sneak away from the family tomorrow for a little bit, I'll go out and check to make sure things are tightened up.

I'm checking out the TF axle sleeve / C gusset kit & the EVO C gussets!

Quick Reply: I've got a pull