Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

I've got a hot wheel

Old 08-15-2016, 02:20 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I went through my normal procedure ensuring that I in fact had a bad caliper and not a bad brake line or banjo bolt. Turns out the caliper was sticking. It basically warped my rotor and crystallized my brake pads. I bought a replacement caliper, rotor and brake pads from the Stealership. Fortunately, I get wholesale pricing so it wasn't as bad as it could be but did cost ~$215 and I did the work. The job was fairly easy but it was hot, hot, hot outside.

All is well now and I am back in the game!!
Old 08-15-2016, 02:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Well, just got home and smelled a burning or hot smell. Put my hand down on my right wheel and it was HOT!! Went to the left side and I it was cool to the touch. I guess I have a stuck caliper. It's dark so I will check tomorrow. Anybody ever had this issue?
had that last year rear driver side smoke believe it or not small flames.... Caliper

Quick Reply: I've got a hot wheel