Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

It's official...getn atlas!!

Old 05-31-2011, 12:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's official...getn atlas!!

Well, as some of you are aware my stock transfer case exploded on the highway. Sooooo, with that being said my installer had a brand new Atlas tcase sitting in his shop that he has no plans for and will sell me at half!!!! Needless to say it will be going into my JK and he is installing for free. I'm just paying for the case and shifters. Oh, and also getting Tom Woods 1310 drive shaft as well. Will try and get pics when I can.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you ever figure out why the T-case exploded and did u have to replace the "new" gears..,,,
Old 05-31-2011, 01:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
Did you ever figure out why the T-case exploded and did u have to replace the "new" gears..,,,
The only thing we can come up with is that the rear pinion bearing seized up and welded itself. The pinion gear shows signs of heat damage and there are no other explanations (i.e. seized bearings in TC or bent shaft) as to why this happened. Yes, the gears are getting replaced with 4.56

Quick Reply: It's official...getn atlas!!