Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Its finally here-sensor question too

Old 11-30-2007, 05:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its finally here (edit-update)

Well, I ordered a SILVER JK about 2 weeks ago and was told it would be 6-8 weeks. I really wanted a RED ROCK, but they told me that would be about 10-12 weeks. Guess what..... they called me and a customer backed out of a RED ROCK (every option) and its mine! I get to pick it up Sat at Dave Smith. Let the build begin!

I ordered a ton of parts yesterday, bumpers, wheels, tires, Allgig, gears, etc. I can hardly wait. Its been nice to get a ton of info here before the JK arrives.

One question though. I ordered wheels and tires with low tire pressure sensors for the JK. When the wheels and tires arrive, do I have to do anything to get the sensors to work? Do I have to reprogram or flash the computer or reset anything?

Last edited by kntr; 12-29-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:11 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by kntr
Well, I ordered a SILVER JK about 2 weeks ago and was told it would be 6-8 weeks. I really wanted a RED ROCK, but they told me that would be about 10-12 weeks. Guess what..... they called me and a customer backed out of a RED ROCK (every option) and its mine! I get to pick it up Sat at Dave Smith. Let the build begin!

I ordered a ton of parts yesterday, bumpers, wheels, tires, Allgig, gears, etc. I can hardly wait. Its been nice to get a ton of info here before the JK arrives.

One question though. I ordered wheels and tires with low tire pressure sensors for the JK. When the wheels and tires arrive, do I have to do anything to get the sensors to work? Do I have to reprogram or flash the computer or reset anything?
The computor should recognize the sensors, if the computor is flashed for the higher pressure like stock tires, then you would need to get it reflashed for the lower psi....it only takes like 3 minutes at the dealer.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:14 PM
JK Junkie

Well, its in the garage and all cleaned up. I got 19mpg driving it back from Idaho. Not bad for the first tank of gas with some driving in 4wd. I took all the stickers and badges off today except the Rubicon on the hood. Ill post pics later. We are having a snow/wind storm right now. The Jeep is in the nice warm garage though.

Last edited by kntr; 12-02-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Nice, congrats!

Is that seat on the front bumper for your guardian angel?
Old 12-03-2007, 02:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on the new baby sure is a nice color, Was wondering did you put the side steps on with the rock rails or did you remove the rails for the steps? and was also surprised you were able to keep the mudflaps ..I noticed they were on with the steps.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:06 AM
JK Junkie

I had he dealer put the steps on. I still have the rockrails. They had to be removed to put the steps and mudflaps on. Once summer is here, Ill probably put the rock rails back on. The flaps and steps really protect the side from gravel and mud in the winter.

The seat is just my mountain bike. If you look at the reflextion on the door you will see a few bikes in the corner.

Last edited by kntr; 12-03-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

congrats!
only 1 concern. the TPS leads arent very long. I only went with a 1.75" lift and those damn things started getting real tight when i started flexing the suspension with the sway bar disconnected . No more disconnecting for me till i get back under there & see if i can move the sensor to give me a little more slack

Good luck though. and post picks for us to see. if you remount the TPS be sure to do a write up. that would save others some headaches
Old 12-03-2007, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkx0778
congrats!
only 1 concern. the TPS leads arent very long. I only went with a 1.75" lift and those damn things started getting real tight when i started flexing the suspension with the sway bar disconnected
Good! Just the excuse I need. I just disco and yank the TPS out by it guts!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:23 AM
JK Junkie

Here are a few pics I took today. Not the best pics but you get the idea.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:53 AM
JK Newbie

I LOVE Montana. When I did a cross country bicycle ride years ago, I feel in love with the place. Nature at her best. Seeing the mountains in the back of your picture bring back great memories.

Oh, and nice looking Rubi, too!

Quick Reply: Its finally here-sensor question too