Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Its Finally Here, LoD Jeep JK Patent Pending Roof Rack!!!

Old 10-06-2014, 01:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladimer
Also is it just me or does it appear to be as wide as the outside portion of the fenders?
It's just you.

Just kidding. The frame has to be wider than the roof to allow the soft top to fold down, but when I look at the corner braces in the rear they don't look nearly as far out as the fenders.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dlampe
It is definitely cool. I think it gives us a choice for a roof rack that is totally different than our other options on the market. How about a pre order pricing for the forum?
Northridge 4x4 will be able to hook you up with forum pricing, The will be doing a pre order on them and will be the first to have these in stock
Old 10-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by JCDriller
Will this work with the trail rack on your rear tire carrier? Also any chance you'll be selling a rear mount that bolts to your gen 4 bumper instead of to the body panel?

Yes it will work with the trail rack on our tire carrier, the trail rack is actually pictured in a lot of the photo's, now of course you can't put something really tall in the trail rack since whatever you put in it has to stay below the sliding roof rack. We mount to the body because it provides a higher location making the rack much more sturdy than mounting down low to the bumper or frame, if we mounted down there then we would need a brace against the body as other manufactures use in order to stiffen it up. The way we have the mount built it makes a really strong mounting point for the rack, we should have a video here hopefully this week showing how strong the rack actually is.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
It's just you.

Just kidding. The frame has to be wider than the roof to allow the soft top to fold down, but when I look at the corner braces in the rear they don't look nearly as far out as the fenders.
Wouldn't be the first time!! lol

I understand it has to be wider, it just seems like its 'too wide' in the photos? I got to go look at some photos of roof racks on Jeeps. Hard to explain but I would imagine the rack should hug the top without touching it to minimize any extra width. Seems this one goes literally to the outside edge of the fenders

Originally Posted by LōD Offroad
Yes it will work with the trail rack on our tire carrier, the trail rack is actually pictured in a lot of the photo's, now of course you can't put something really tall in the trail rack since whatever you put in it has to stay below the sliding roof rack. We mount to the body because it provides a higher location making the rack much more sturdy than mounting down low to the bumper or frame, if we mounted down there then we would need a brace against the body as other manufactures use in order to stiffen it up. The way we have the mount built it makes a really strong mounting point for the rack, we should have a video here hopefully this week showing how strong the rack actually is.
That is a good point, I was following a Jeep a few weekends ago and the rack was wobbling side to side on the trail constantly. It was frame mounted but didn't have any brace against the body. Just following him was the most annoying experience ever. Can't imagine actually having it on my Jeep. Would you possibly have a shot of the rack straight on from the rear or front?
Old 10-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Huk
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice! Great concept - have any pics from the side?
Old 10-06-2014, 05:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default looks heavy

how much weight ? 4 door and 2 door versions
are they aluminum so they don't rust out ?

Last edited by jeepmojo; 10-06-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

Great looking rack, cant wait to see the price and more upcoming pics/video....
Old 10-06-2014, 05:45 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good!! Thanks for posting to the forum. If it's anything like the quality of your bumpers and sliders it will be awesome.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LōD Offroad

Whoops, guess on my iPhone I just couldn't see the rack. Maybe it's time to upgrade to the giant 6+.

I really want to like it, but I'm hesitant about the body mounts and would much rather see something that adapts to your bumpers with possibly stabilizers that mount behind the tail light in pre-exhisting holes. I understand what you guys are doing, just don't like all the weight on the thin body panels. I can't imagine bouncing around the trails with 300lbs up their trying to sway back and forth and only being held by my rear quarter panel sheet steel.

Also noticed you guys didn't take advantage of all the bolts around the front window, any reason why?

I'll be ordering your Gen 4 bumper after I find out how much I owe the tax man, I'll have a little more time to decide which rack to go with. However, a bumper/frame mount would certainly make up my mind posthaste.

Last edited by JCDriller; 10-06-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I will not be attending this sale

Quick Reply: Its Finally Here, LoD Jeep JK Patent Pending Roof Rack!!!