Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

It's apparently 130 Degrees Outside (AEV bumper and Mr. Grille Insert)

Old 06-28-2008, 02:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The outside temp sensor on the UK model is supposedly built into the aerial and is the wire that winds its way up the aerial mast according to my dealer here??
Old 06-28-2008, 03:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by x5tuu
The outside temp sensor on the UK model is supposedly built into the aerial and is the wire that winds its way up the aerial mast according to my dealer here??
I doubt that.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by x5tuu
I suppose if your dealer were to shove the antenna up his ass, he could use it as a rectal thermometer.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Also have AEV bumper

also have recently installed AEV bumper,no issues at all with readings from behind grill mounted ambient air temp sensor,
Old 06-28-2008, 07:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Yup, driving to the gym this morning confirmed it, it's not the AEV hoop, it's not the hypertech and while I haven't yet put the Mr. Grille inserts back in, the culprit was my dumb a$$. lol

Thanks for all the help guys, I'm sure I'd have ended up going to the dealer and either looking like an ass for pinching it, or I'd have been told I needed a new Ambient Air Therm. It's always better to look like a moron on the internet than in real life.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meljr
I suppose if your dealer were to shove the antenna up his ass, he could use it as a rectal thermometer.
LOL !

Gota love it...
Old 06-28-2008, 10:22 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Yup, driving to the gym this morning confirmed it, it's not the AEV hoop, it's not the hypertech and while I haven't yet put the Mr. Grille inserts back in, the culprit was my dumb a$$. lol

Thanks for all the help guys, I'm sure I'd have ended up going to the dealer and either looking like an ass for pinching it, or I'd have been told I needed a new Ambient Air Therm. It's always better to look like a moron on the internet than in real life.
Especially if it saves you money.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Exactly right Robar. Leaves more funds for mods!

Quick Reply: It's apparently 130 Degrees Outside (AEV bumper and Mr. Grille Insert)