Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Issues Again Pinpointed the problem though let me know your Thoughts!!!

Old 04-26-2010, 12:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey! yeah i checked the bolt it is really really tight....
Old 04-26-2010, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

You can pull your CA bolts any time. Unfortunately I suggested the "egg" problem as I just fixed mine welding washers on the egged holes. I would pull a control arm probably lower and look at the holes. If no egg shape, good, put it back together, set it on the ground and torq it down. If you are egged you obviously need to get some good washers welded on there and again put her back together. I hope its not your problem!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Alright guys it is something with the breaks if i move the jeep back and fourth with it in park it is making the noise from the breaks... also then drove it backwards for awhile hit the breaks then took off and it make the noise and had head sticking out window and it was coming straight from the rims it is only hapening from the rear..... Any Suggestions anybody else have this problem???
Old 04-30-2010, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2010jeeper
Alright guys it is something with the breaks if i move the jeep back and fourth with it in park it is making the noise from the breaks... also then drove it backwards for awhile hit the breaks then took off and it make the noise and had head sticking out window and it was coming straight from the rims it is only hapening from the rear..... Any Suggestions anybody else have this problem???
Im telling you it sounds exactly like my problem. However if you do find it in the brakes I will be happy to call my self a dumbass and then go fix it. I have one washer left to weld on my CA's (out of 8 per side upper and lower) which is the one on the inside frame upper. It's a pita to get to as its INSIDE the damned frame.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Video!!!

Alright here it he video listen closly and you can hear it when i am backing up also this time...

Old 05-03-2010, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yours is is closer to a tick compared to my knock. Mine sounds more like a solid object slamming, Yours sounds like something turning passes by something not turning and it clicks as it hits it and passes by. Can you set it CAREFULLY on jack stands and pull the tires and try it? You maybe correct in it being in your brakes and easy to identify with out the tire on. BE CAREFUL!
Old 05-03-2010, 03:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Hey!

I am waitng for the dumbass comment!!! J/k buddie

Yeah im not sure the weird part is it is very intermitent doesnt happen all the time drove it the other day no problems at all then the next day it would start to happen again very very weird!!! its annoying...Back to the drawing boards again!!!
Old 05-04-2010, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you lightly hold the brake when you start moving does it still do it? I am leaning more towards suspension myself. Thinking upper arms or brackets if not the brakes.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Actually I probably am a dumbass trying to figure yours out but what I meant to say is if we both have the same problem and I am off on a tangent F'ing with my CA's I would start a dumbass thread. (Probably be a good one). Imagine how many silly things us Jeepers have done over the years!
Back to the issue, mine does it EVERYTIME I change direction so I know it's the CA's. Like I said earlier I have 2 of the 8 washers left to weld in and then I believe I will have my cure. I think the one missing washer lets the bolt move enough on a pivot as the washer has been welded on the outer to make my clunk. Irritating as hell...
Old 05-04-2010, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think I may have it figured out......lets see...

1. you said it only happens at higher speed.
question. do you drive excessively fast?
2. You said you have literally checked all your hardware.
- so we can rule that out.
3. You said it is coming directly from your rear wheel area.

Well.... it could only be 2 things IMHO.

1. Your brake pads are not correctly seated/installed in your calipers.
- this could potentially make a clunking sound when you apply the brakes harder than usual, and the sound your hearing is your pads reseating or falling back into place. mind you they still will function properly because the caliper piston is still applying preasure.
2. OR....it could be that because of your driving habits (faster driving) your rotors are warped, and they need to be "turned" on a laythe???

-2xcapeIN

Last edited by 2xcapeIN; 05-04-2010 at 06:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Issues Again Pinpointed the problem though let me know your Thoughts!!!