Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Issues Again Pinpointed the problem though let me know your Thoughts!!!

Old 04-23-2010, 10:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also know it is coming from the rear end somwhere underneath also because i opened the door at a stop light and took off with my head sticking out the door close to the tire and i could tell it was coming from the rear but not sure where at its more like a really really loud click noise.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:05 AM
JK Freak

Have you checked your rear shocks? They'll make a noise like that while you are stopping and then clunk when you come to a complete stop.

Does the click increase with speed?
Old 04-24-2010, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2010jeeper
hmmmm its a 2010 wrangler with 16,000 miles they calipers have never been removed... buti will check that I am going to be checking anything you guys throw at me.... Here is the weird Part it just stoped making as much noise I think i have Jeep Ghosts
I wonder if the CA bolts weren't tightened to spec at install and the holes have wallowed out. Pull a CA off and see if the holes are egged. May need to weld some washers on to "reround" the holes.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Have you checked your muffler bearing yet? Although it could be the fetzer valve especially if you hear it in the rear when you are braking really fast! JK

No, for real are you running stock gears or did you re gear lately?

Chido
Old 04-26-2010, 05:06 AM
JK Super Freak

ha ha ha hai changed the Muffler bearing yesterday!! and changed the dipstick... ha ha ha No i am running stock 3.73 gears and the shocks are good and tight I am really thinking it might be something with the control arms but the thing is they say not to completly remove the control arm bolts in the directions of the lift kit so would it be ok to remove them now to check if they are egg shaped???

Thanks
Jake T
Old 04-26-2010, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which lift did you put on? When did the noise start? after changing/ adding parts? after off roading? Sometime after "accidentally" backing over a honda? all good things to think of. maybe a spring isnt set right in the rear. stand on rear bumper and bounce. maybe can help.

just a quick tip, if you have d-rings attatched to your jeep somewhere, take them off.... sound might go away. dont ask me how i know.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:04 AM
JK Super Freak

I put on the Teraflex 2.5 inch Lift with coils ad Shocks... it happened after about a week of driving on the highway only...no hard wheeling on it at all..I think i am going to sit down this saturday and go through every single bolt again loosen every bolt put it back on the ground and then shake it back and fourth jump up and down on the bumpers... maybe i will make the girlfriend do that part then tighten every bolt for the suspension to torq specs then drive it again for awhile to see if there are issues.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Crawl under the Jeep and check the clearance between the right rear coil spring and the track bar. When I put my 2.5" Tereflex coil lift in, the rear axel was tilted backward slightly, causing the springs to bow backward and contact the rear track bar.

I ended up putting in rock krawler rear spring wedges to straighten out the coil springs. They fixed my noise.

Good luck finding it!
Old 04-26-2010, 11:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks!!! its like finding a neddle in a haystack!!! I will check that also see if mine are goofed up also.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you check the rear trackbar bracket?

Quick Reply: Issues Again Pinpointed the problem though let me know your Thoughts!!!