Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Issues After Lift

Old 06-30-2015, 03:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues After Lift

I recently installed a Teraflex 3" lift with Fox Shocks on my 2014 JK Sport Unlimited with manual trans. Since installing that and Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 35s, I seem to be puling left. I have already had an alignment done but that didn't seem to help at all. The other thing I'm noticing is that the whole Jeep seems to shutter when I hit a bump now. Not sure if it's just due to the added weight of the wheels or what? Are these things normal? Any suggested actions I should take or is this just typical and nothing to worry about? Thanks in advance
Old 06-30-2015, 05:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What all came in the lift kit?
Old 06-30-2015, 01:14 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Also post the alignment specs and the psi you are running in those tires.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Was this the kit with only coils and shocks?
Old 06-30-2015, 11:01 PM
JK Newbie

PSI at 33 on all tires, that was the first thing I checked. The kit came with the springs, front adjustable track bar, rear track bar bracket, I got the fox shocks, and the teraflex front lower control arms. The tires are on 15" Black Rock wheels if that makes a difference. I'm out of town right now, may have the specs from the alignment with me in the Jeep but I can check in the morning. I remember they were toe in a bit which they adjusted and everything looked in spec after the alignment. They had to use the factory wheels and tires for alignment though cause they said they would have damaged the 15s with the equipment
Old 07-01-2015, 05:40 AM
JK Junkie

Who installed the lift?
Old 07-01-2015, 07:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Something is not torqued properly. Probably a track bar. It's possible that the 3" lift gave you quite a bit more if you aren't running any heavy equipment and you are feeling bump steer. But then again, bump steer does not feel like a shutter. Does the shutter stop on its own or do you have to come to a complete stop? And did you loosen all of the other control arm bolts when installing the lift or did you just swap out the lowers? You should make sure all the control arms bolts are loosened so they can reset with the new ride height and retighten when the Jeep is on the ground.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
Something is not torqued properly. Probably a track bar. It's possible that the 3" lift gave you quite a bit more if you aren't running any heavy equipment and you are feeling bump steer. But then again, bump steer does not feel like a shutter. Does the shutter stop on its own or do you have to come to a complete stop? And did you loosen all of the other control arm bolts when installing the lift or did you just swap out the lowers? You should make sure all the control arms bolts are loosened so they can reset with the new ride height and retighten when the Jeep is on the ground.
^^^This. Also, rock the jeep back and forth to get rid of any binding before torq to spec.

Lowering the psi to 28-29 may help.

Quick Reply: Issues After Lift