Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Issue with Synergy Drag Link hitting Steering Stabilizer

Old 08-25-2014, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say if you don't want to buy a new SS that's smaller, flipping it like it says you can in the kit would probably be your best bet. Then it'll definitely clear that thing.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grim_creation
I would say if you don't want to buy a new SS that's smaller, flipping it like it says you can in the kit would probably be your best bet. Then it'll definitely clear that thing.
He will want the trackbar bracket to then so he can raise the trackbar at the same time.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:09 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Enjoytheride
Synergy thinks it is a compatibility issue and should flip my drag link. I'm going to try a few adjustments and see if I can work it out.
How much actual lift height do you have? Flips require at least 3" of extended bumpstop to keep it from hitting the frame, though some people choose to notch the frame to give clearance.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by grim_creation
It is hitting the mounting bolt/bushing area. . . A smaller SS would not make a difference. I did order the required
bushing today in the case that I decide to flip the drag link. That will take care of it but not crazy about doing it.

Last edited by Enjoytheride; 08-25-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
How much actual lift height do you have? Flips require at least 3" of extended bumpstop to keep it from hitting the frame, though some people choose to notch the frame to give clearance.
I have the 3" BDS but not sure of the actual. . . Would need to check the clearance.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
He will want the trackbar bracket to then so he can raise the trackbar at the same time.
Can you so me an example?
Old 08-25-2014, 08:20 PM
JK Junkie

Here is complete kit

http://www.synergymfg.com/Synergy-Su...l#.U_wLBNm9Kc0
Old 08-25-2014, 08:22 PM
JK Junkie

Here is the bracket you would need to complete your flip since you have the draglink already. It's a raised trackbar bracket.

http://www.synergymfg.com/Synergy-Je...l#.U_wLMtm9Kc0
Old 08-25-2014, 08:31 PM
JK Newbie

As he mentioned earlier, he has maxed out the extension on the axle side of the drag link. It's incorrectly installed. you must shorten the axle end and extend the frame side like it tells you to in the installation instructions. If you're maxed out at the axle end then you are unable to adjust the draglink on the fly like you're supposed to due to it already being maxed out. Fix that first and see it it clears.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

I went ahead and extended the Drag Link on the frame side and shortened the axle side. . . unfortunately it is still hitting. I will need to order a new relocation bracket or flip the drag link. Not sure what direction I will go but in the meantime I did flip the SS to the top side of the bracket as a temporary solution. It's on an angle and puts pressure on the bushing. The good news my front end is tight and handles as new. Off to Rausch Creek this weekend!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4464.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	573302  

Quick Reply: Issue with Synergy Drag Link hitting Steering Stabilizer