Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Iphone mount ideas for 2012's

Old 02-11-2012, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my 4S in an Otterbox and it comes with the mount for your belt. I just popped the belt clip off the back and you can flat mount it anywhere you want. I mounted mine to the inside front of the storage area of my console under the armrest with velcroe. I have a Lockpick installed with the cable for the iphone/ipod. I just plug the cable in and snap it into the mount, close the console and it safe out of sight and phone works through the Mygig via bluetooth.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

I removed my sun visors and built a bracket along with whatever cheap holder you can get from walmart. I then ran a usb cable from inside the center console under the floor mat, up the A pillar, and out the hole on the plastic cover in the A pillar. I have a DROID Bionic and a 2011 JKU.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120211_212343.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	276896
Old 02-19-2012, 01:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Willybugman
I have my 4S in an Otterbox and it comes with the mount for your belt. I just popped the belt clip off the back and you can flat mount it anywhere you want. I mounted mine to the inside front of the storage area of my console under the armrest with velcroe. I have a Lockpick installed with the cable for the iphone/ipod. I just plug the cable in and snap it into the mount, close the console and it safe out of sight and phone works through the Mygig via bluetooth.
Another method with the Otterbox Defender is to rotate the clip 90 degrees then rotate one of your air vents vertical and open slightly at the top. Clip can then be slid over the vent. Tidy and zero modifications required.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Tycho
Another method with the Otterbox Defender is to rotate the clip 90 degrees then rotate one of your air vents vertical and open slightly at the top. Clip can then be slid over the vent. Tidy and zero modifications required.
x2 .......................................
Old 05-19-2012, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default I used the Quad Lock system and a spare bracket I had lying around

I got in on the iPhone Quad Lock and iPhone Opena (say it with an Australian accent when you need a beer opened) start ups on Kickstarter.com and been very happy with their products. I just got the Quad Lock in the mail yesterday, mounted it to a spare bracket I had in the garage and screwed it to the dash of the JK. First I stuck one of the mounts on a closed vent, but it wasn't quite the perfect spot (but way easier!), so went to Plan B. Easy as pie...

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0630.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	318727Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0634.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	318728Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0635.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	318729Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0636.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	318730

Last edited by dsword; 05-19-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I use a Panavise mount for just about every vehicle I have owned. I then get the Bracketron base which screws perfectly to Panavise. Bracketron is adjustable so if you have a cover on you iPhone you don't have to remove it. Will even fit with Otter Box. It also will hold a GPS or any other brand of phone. I get both items from Amazon. Looks professional and no permanent holes or adhesive for when you want to sell your Jeep.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the just mobile carrier but I hardly ever use it I have a book book case for my I phone and you have to take it out to put it in,

Quick Reply: Iphone mount ideas for 2012's