Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ipad

Old 12-25-2012, 06:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear seat entertainment

2 bungee cords + roll bar + iPad = rear seat entertainment system.

The iPad sits at a perfect downward angle when bungeed flush to the roll bar.

My kids love road trips as long as they can watch movies. Just make sure you wrap the bungees around the roll bar before you put the hardtop on for winter.

I'd attach pics but alas the Jeep did not make it on this Christmas road trip. Fortunately, the rear seat entertainment system is portable to the other car...
Old 12-25-2012, 07:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Trail ranger is a free and easy inclinometer with the ability to record your trip to play in google maps. The record feature may cost a buck to set up - I don't remember. You calibrate it for its orientation with the touch of a 'button' and it is good to go. The recording shows pitch and yaw
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3558618123.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	401723  
Old 12-25-2012, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For CO, UT, AZ, and CA at least there is a great app called everytrail we use on our tablet.

It's a framework that allows you to use funtreks maps that they recently made free to everyone. The funtreks guides give you a nice big map on the Ipad, do a great job of keeping you informed of where you are with pictures & waypoints throughout the trail.

Just used it yesterday in Moab hitting Fins in the snow. (way more interesting with snow on the trail btw!)

Fins & Things 4x4 Trail, Moab, UT | EveryTrail

There are some quirks, like needing to save the guide to "your map" to make it so it doesn't need a connection when you look up the trail... but the framework is only $4, it can save large areas of the map for offline use (like you can save the entire Moab area, so even a trail you don't have a "guide" for will show up in the topo), and overall the app works very well.

I've got mine velcro'd to the dash and hanging over the handle. It works very well there... for a cheap bastird like myself!

Quick Reply: Ipad