Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

interior mounted cargo basket

Old 03-29-2010, 01:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default interior mounted cargo basket

just wondering if anybody has fabbed up or is running and interior mounted cargo basket in a two door. looking for ideas .....right now i am running no back seat with a full sized 35 spare ratchet strapped to the floor board. looking at getting a basket fabbed up that would be mounted above the spare about the full size of the rear cargo area. any thoughts ??

...the back cargo area of my two door will never be used for passengers.

Last edited by geebee; 03-29-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:45 PM
JK Freak

I've been looking around for something like this too. i've got the back seat out with subs in its place, though. one thing i looked at was the highrock basket thing.

but it's awfully pricey for how small it is. i thought about doing my own version of this write-up

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ht=cargo+trunk

but not as worried about the "keep thieves out" qualities. maybe you can think of something to do with it. let me know if you figure something out or find a good solution.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by countrydude1992
I've been looking around for something like this too. i've got the back seat out with subs in its place, though. one thing i looked at was the highrock basket thing.

but it's awfully pricey for how small it is. i thought about doing my own version of this write-up

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ht=cargo+trunk

but not as worried about the "keep thieves out" qualities. maybe you can think of something to do with it. let me know if you figure something out or find a good solution.

i have seen this set-up before. looking for something bigger and mounted somehow to the tub body. security is not an issue here either......anybody have ideas????
Old 03-30-2010, 03:42 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not a basket, but I have a Tuffy security deck and along with a nice little lockable trunk it has a large tray on top. I've probably put a little over 100 lbs on it myself, not exactly sure of the max weight, but I think it could hold more.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:38 AM
JK Super Freak

i have access to a tuffy security drawer.... do you think i could mount my spare on top of that ???
Old 03-31-2010, 10:26 AM
JK Super Freak

anybody with the tuff drawer know if i can put a 35 spare on top ???
Old 03-31-2010, 01:23 PM
JK Freak

I actually have that interior basket mounted as shown in the picture. I have my fire extinguisher attached. I love it. I can just open the back and put stuff in the basket. i have a little cargo net so stuff doesn't roll around. I got it used for $70. It needed work and I repainted it, but damn, for $70, I love it.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:05 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by geebee
anybody with the tuff drawer know if i can put a 35 spare on top ???
You might send Tuffy a PM and ask what the weight limit of the drawer is.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:01 AM
JK Super Freak

contacted tuffy:

"I don't know an exact pound rating but I have had a fully loaded ARB fridge and all of my camping gear with no problem. I have also seen people mount a 36" spare tire on steel wheel on top of the box. Probably in the range of 200 lbs. Hope that helps."

looks like i will go ahead and install in and throw the 35 on top. pictures to come in the next few days.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Kilby Enterprise interior rack for the Unlimited. Might call or email and see what they thing for your application. The two front supports of the rack are held by the rear seat seatbelt anchors.

Quick Reply: interior mounted cargo basket