Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Interior Color Changes - Painting? Accents? Trim Kits?

Old 01-04-2016, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interior Color Changes - Painting? Accents? Trim Kits?

Hey guys and gals -

I have tried to find what I am looking for on the forum but cannot seem to locate it. What I am looking for is if anyone has changed the color of their interior? By this I mean more than the grab handle and vent rims. I mean, seats, door panels, steering wheel, console, dash etc. etc.

If anyone has done this let us see your pics. Or if you haven't done this but want to what is stopping you? I have the tannish interior but want it black.

Thanks!!
Old 01-13-2016, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe rubitrux.com does stuff like that but yikes on the price
Old 01-14-2016, 02:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Rugged ridge has full kits for the dash. They come in silver and argent grey, but I am betting you can paint them any color at that point and mount them the same.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been debating doing the same thing. I was looking to find someone who'd want to trade straight up
Old 01-14-2016, 03:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Drake Offroad makes real nice billet aluminum trim pieces for the interior and even have a few things for the exterior. Check out Carolina Metal Masters for the passenger side grab handle. There stuff is VERY nice.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have tried many things over the years, paint, plastic paint, and even dyeing (using a multistep SEM process) with little luck. It always seems to chip easily. I have had limited success using clear coats over the top to slow down the degradation. I have never tried painting seats but I have dyed them in my '70 Corvette. They came out great but that is because I dyed them the same color as they were.

I just did the interior of my YJ going from spice to black using a combination of paint on metal surfaces and inside the heater vents and truck bed coating on the exterior side of plastics and vinyls. So far so good. I bought new seats and visors as I doubt they would last coated.

I've sinced put a stock steering wheel on which completed the interior.

Last edited by 14Sport; 01-15-2016 at 02:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Interior Color Changes - Painting? Accents? Trim Kits?