Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Interesting Conversation with Body Shop..Help..

Old 12-14-2011, 07:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GearWhore
I'd think you'd be able to get away with just the TF 2.5 and 35s. If you do end up with some rubbing it will be minor and easily solved with minor trimming or bump-stops. Planman also show how to adjust your steering stops to eliminate rubbing. 2.5" also won't look too weird if you end up running stock tires for a while before you can afford or need to upgrade.

When you do get tires/wheels I'd stick to the 17-18" wheel range, which are probably the most common rim sizes on here. Some guys on here even run 15" rims from certain brands that can still clear the brakes. The larger the rim, the more expensive the tires get, too.

I don't think you'll end up needing the body lift either. The track-bar is good to get. I'd also plan on upgrading your steering stabilizer, or at least watch your stock one closely as they always seem to blow and bleed out and bigger tires will accelerate that.
Oh I know I could get away with just the 2.5 lift, but if a bl is minor and causes little more than room and aesthetic appeal, I might do it. Rock Krawler Stock Mod is looking good now too. Comes with front track bar. All I need is some bilsteins and some bumpstops and im good. Who knows. Crazy but amazing Jeep world.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:10 PM
JK Freak

not much to say except
Old 12-15-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Default Northridge

I talked to Mr. David at Northridge and talked about the RK 2.5 stock mod with bilsteins and some 2 inch bumpstops. Very helpful, just like what I've heard. Like I've said before, this is going to be somewhat of a puzzle for me. Little pieces at a time, then putting it all together at once.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Paradise
Here's my current set-up on my 2012 rubi that I did just to get it in the air. I'll be upgrading the suspension within a year or so but fur now:
1. 2.5 ". TEraflex BB I got from CL brand new for $250. Great lift and ride is still good with rubi shocks and extensions.
2. Set of 5 20x9 eagle alloy wheels with 35" toyo MT tires from CL as well for $800. Tires only have about 25% tread life but again will suffice until I figure out what tire wheel setup I want to run permanently.
3. Sold stock rubicon wheels and tires for $925
4. Alignment $75

I did the lift install myself so I'm sittin 2.5" higher on 35's with matching spare for net $200. I still need to get a procal, exhaust spacer, and I just ordered a tire carrier bumper, but point is with some searching you can get lifted pretty cheap.
Paradise, what/where is "CL"? My 2012 Rubi will be in soon and I want something close to factory ride but inexpensive as well. Those prices Sound real good to me

Majaste
Old 01-21-2012, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

CL is usually Craigslist.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yep, Craigslist. If you're close to a big city, you'll find whatever you need with a little patience. I just passed on a set of 5 aev pintler bead locks that were powdercoated black with no rock rash. I think the guy was asking like 800 or something crazy cheap like that...the wife put her foot down :(
Old 01-21-2012, 08:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would not use this guy.

Quick Reply: Interesting Conversation with Body Shop..Help..