Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Interco SSR's vs Interco Trxus MT
SSR's
13.33%
Trxus MT
73.33%
Other, please specify
13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Interco SSR's vs Interco Trxus MT

Old 04-24-2011, 05:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interco SSR's vs Interco Trxus MT

Hey guys,

I am right around the corner to getting some new meats with about 10-15k left on my STT's, and the swampers look to fit the bill. My jeep is my DD that sees a decent amount of highway time and wheels a good amount except in the winter with trails mostly, not much rocks. Which tire would work best for my DD? I still havent decided on whether I will move up to 37's, or stay with 35's. I am planning on dumping my 18's and getting some steelies. Any insight would be great. Thanks in advance.

Mike
Old 04-24-2011, 05:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by karls10jk
The SSRs are a really more agressive style of tire, I had a friend who had them and they made a ton of noise. I also had a friend with trxus mt's and they were his DD tire. They will wear better than the SSRs and do better in the winter and wet because of the siping they have over the SSRs.
thanks, I figured that with the SSRs. They both look to do well on the trail, so it seems like a cant miss decision. Do you know if they run pretty true to size? My coopers under load new were only 34s, and would to have a true 35 if I decide to stick with 35s.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:13 PM
JK Super Freak

My dad runs the Trxxus on his XJ and really likes them. They are good on the rocks as well as in the snow.

Originally Posted by karls10jk
The SSRs are a really more agressive style of tire, I had a friend who had them and they made a ton of noise. I also had a friend with trxus mt's and they were his DD tire. They will wear better than the SSRs and do better in the winter and wet because of the siping they have over the SSRs.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

I ran 35" SSR's on my last truck and they were great in mud but so so on wet and snow. They were a bit noisy but not bad and I actually liked the sound of them. The wear was not horrible but I'm sure they wore faster than most comparable tires. Overall I was happy with them.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:42 PM
JK Super Freak

added a poll, need more input!
Old 04-24-2011, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From personal experience I can tell you that Trxus' are not round and balance like crap! They are great off road but for a daily driver I would find something else. I ran a set on a TJ and XJ and they did great on the trails but on the highway....not!!!! For a daily driver I would go with something more along the lines of an MTR from Goodyear or Goodrich. I am currently running PC X-terrains and have been incredibly impressed with them both on and off road.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:02 PM
JK Super Freak

bump for more info
Old 04-24-2011, 11:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rottenbelly
I am running the Truxus Mt and they balanced fine. I drive all over the mid south with them.
Great traction and very durable. Not that noisy.
A true 35, made a km2 35 look small sitting next to them.
I will probably run them again if they ever wear out.
awesome, how many miles do you expect to get out of them?
Old 04-25-2011, 03:14 PM
JK Super Freak

like to get some more reviews, thanks guys.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rottenbelly
I am thinking around 30-35k because of the fact they seem softer.
I have about 10k on rears and 3k on fronts with multiple off road trips on the rocks.
Fronts have a few chunks and gashes but otherwise minimal wear. Rears are about 75% tread.
I have beat them up pretty bad, on the rocks and they keep comin back for more.
thanks man, according to the interco website the 37's for a 15 inch wheel are only 72 lbs, my coopers in 35s now weigh 78lbs! 30-35k isnt too bad.

Quick Reply: Interco SSR's vs Interco Trxus MT