Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

insulating the hard top

Old 03-17-2014, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default insulating the hard top

Has any one filled there hard top with 3x expanding foam? i mean it would dampen noise and insulate a lot better then it hollow.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:34 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

There isn't much hollow part, is there? There are glue on/stick on insulating kits. Check Quadratech.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

I've don't some research on this. I want to insulate mine as well. I think the best kit is made by rugged ridge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2014, 08:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeep Wrangler Hard Top Headliners
Old 03-18-2014, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would imagine if you had the top bed lined inside/out or both, it would insulate it very well. I would use Line-X.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SpicedCrusher
Ok i am impressed. I saw some of the ones on line and really they looked ok, but just ok. These on the other hand look well made and have good insulation. I would imagin they work winter or summer! Does anyone on here actually have a set and can you give us some first hand reports on how they work?

Nice they also do the sides too!

Dave
Old 03-18-2014, 12:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A research led me too to choose the Thermal Insulation by Hothead Headliners.
Link - Jeep Wrangler Hard Top Headliners

I liked the no-seams clean look and the color options. Looks like that's how the Jeep got out of the production line.

The original purpose was heat insulation in our hot summers. Obviously, it insulates against cold weather too.
As a side effect, it made the Jeep quieter, and music sounds better than with a bare fiberglass top.

Last edited by GJeep; 03-18-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

i did linex mine....... kinda helps but not a lot I've looked into the stick on stuff aka hot heads ect just don't know
Old 03-18-2014, 03:36 PM
JK Newbie

Default Hot Heads

I live and Texas and the summers are brutal. I installed HotHead headliners on my black hardtop and could instantly feel the difference. It is much more comfortable and quiet. The customer service is second to none. Great purchase!
Old 03-19-2014, 01:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wcody_1
I live and Texas and the summers are brutal. I installed HotHead headliners on my black hardtop and could instantly feel the difference. It is much more comfortable and quiet. The customer service is second to none. Great purchase!
If the HotHead Headliner is installed with Velcro strips (and not glued), the heat insulation can be increased even more, by cutting thin emergency blanket to shape, with cutouts for the Velcro strips, and placed between the Hothead Headliners and the top, shiny silver facing up.
For very cold weather regions, the same, but with the shiny silver facing down, would further reduce heat escape.

Last edited by GJeep; 03-19-2014 at 03:17 AM.

Quick Reply: insulating the hard top