Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Installing TF 2.5 coil kit NOW NEED HELP Please!

Old 03-04-2011, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing TF 2.5 coil kit NOW NEED HELP Please!

Evening guys, I am installing TF 2.5" coil kit for 4 Door JK. I am doing it now. I installed driver's side rear and now I am doing rear passenger side. I have a question, no matter what I do, I can't make the traction bar fit in the brackets. I already installed new bracket that came with the kit. The driver side traction bar end is very loose, but there is just not too much wiggle to fit bar in the new bracket. I am about 1/2" off. Please help.
Thanks.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:30 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up

If your referring to get the tb lined up

Also, have you tried disconnecting it all the way from the axle and sticking it in the frame first, then shift the axle? Did you get the axle mount bracket or the frame mount drop.

Last edited by mkjeep; 03-04-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got it!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Stay tunned :-) more problems to come... Hope not.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, installed rear portion of the kit. Took it out of the garage and heard some rubber like rubbing noise and also some metal on metal rubbing (but this one is like every half circle of the wheel). Too tired to look it up now. Will be searching forum for answers tomorrow and look under the jeep to see what can it be.
Interesting thing those rubbing noises started after I installed passenger site. I did turn jeep around to back up in the garage when I installed driver's site and at that time I didn't hear any noises. So its got to be something on the pass side .
Old 03-04-2011, 11:47 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I'm gonna go with - disregarded the caution about backspacing and the rear link is rubbing the tire/rim.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
I'm gonna go with - disregarded the caution about backspacing and the rear link is rubbing the tire/rim.
Seconded! You need to look at the swaybar link bolts and see where they are rubbing on your wheel and tire. You may be able to flip the links or bolts around to make some clearence temporarily, maybe by taking the links to the inside of the mounts.

As mentioned above you really need wheels with 4.5" backspacing or less because even if you make some room by flipping the links to the inside of the swaybar and axle mount, they will still rub under flex.

Last edited by Biginboca; 03-05-2011 at 02:29 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just put the same lift on mine yesterday too. I had some issues too with the trackbar but finally got it. The rubbing could be from the sway bar links but not too sure. Got any pics? Where in SF are you?

A few of my install pics here....

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...lled-today....
Old 03-05-2011, 05:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you'll have to flip the rear sway bar links to in the inside with this kit and factory wheels and make the sure the threads of the bolt point inward, too.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you guys. I will investigate the links, i too hope that this is the problem which I can easily fix until I get my new wheels.

Quick Reply: Installing TF 2.5 coil kit NOW NEED HELP Please!