Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

installing teraflex 2.5 coil and shock kit this weekend questions!

Old 02-18-2014, 08:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing teraflex 2.5 coil and shock kit this weekend questions!

Ok, so I just got my lift kit yesterday from "elevated off road" I highly recommend them, they have the kits for the cheapest I've seen. Any way this is the first lift I have ever done and I have watched the youtube video from teraflex and searched the web and I dont see anyone mention anything about torque specs. these have to be important right? Does anyone know where i can find the torque specs for this lift?
Thanks,

BTW here's the link for the kit.
TeraFlex 2.5" Lift Kit with Shocks For 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler JK
Old 02-18-2014, 09:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://1.cdn.lib.extremeterrain.com/...7416_Guide.pdf
Old 02-18-2014, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

Thank you! I'm printing this as we speak! I haven't opened my lift yet (it just got delivered to my house and im at work)
Old 02-18-2014, 10:00 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by going_commando
Thank you! I'm printing this as we speak! I haven't opened my lift yet (it just got delivered to my house and im at work)
Congrats on the new lift and good luck with the install! They really are not bad at all to do.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by going_commando
They will be inside the box too
Old 02-18-2014, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I installed this lift over the weekend without many hiccups.

My drilled hole for the rear drop track bar bracket was off just a tiny bit. I put the bracket in place with the main bolt and inside sleeve and just drilled out the small amount of metal that was obstructing the new bolt to go through the top hole. Also, I thought the instructions were unclear on what to do with the front brake lines. I called and was told that you unbolt the bracket while you droop the side to remove/install the new springs. The unclear part was that you need to do something about that brake line after you get everything back in place. You can either bend the hard metal elbow down a bit to get extra clearance or you can remove the brake line from the bracket. I think I'm going to remove the bracket from the line and sleeve the brake line with a bigger bit of hose then zip tie it to the shock. I also sleeved the rear brake lines the same way to keep them from rubbing against the shocks and getting holes in them.

Good luck. Go slow and get everything to torque.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

My lift came yesterday too.. Looks like we will both be busy this weekend.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

If your kit has the rear track bar drop bracket that fits in the track bar fitting on the right side of the frame do not hog out the holes to get it to line up. Just take a file and file an angle in the inside front and rear edge of the frame mounted track bar fitting. The Teraflex lowering unit will slide right up in there and the holes will line up perfectly. Takes five minutes. Do torque the rear track bar at 125 pounds at both ends. I ran one of the early Teraflex lifts with the Teraflex shocks on my 08 for 5 years and it was flawless. Never had an issue at all. We wheeled every weekend in the Rockies too. Never had death wobble or any other issue ever. Its a great kit that you will get great utility from.

The only other things I did were to have some gussets welded in at the front axle track bar mount on the right side of the axle and I had a brace welded to the rear on the axle. These were preventive measures as we had our 08 up on the top of several 12,000 foot plus mountains.

Quick Reply: installing teraflex 2.5 coil and shock kit this weekend questions!