Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

installing new stabilizer

Old 02-27-2007, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default installing new stabilizer

I am installing a skyjacker steering stabilizer... It's much bigger then the stock one. One of the mounting brackets has 2 u-bolts holding it on, and appears to have the ability to spin thus changing the angle of the entire shock (stabilizer) I assume the purpose of this is to accomidate larger stabilizers and I should have no problems re-adjusting (spinning) it?

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, I just want to get a thumbs up from one of my JK brothers with some knowledge as I am learning about all this as I go. Thanks
Old 02-27-2007, 02:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TexasChopper
I am installing a skyjacker steering stabilizer... It's much bigger then the stock one. One of the mounting brackets has 2 u-bolts holding it on, and appears to have the ability to spin thus changing the angle of the entire shock (stabilizer) I assume the purpose of this is to accomidate larger stabilizers and I should have no problems re-adjusting (spinning) it?

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, I just want to get a thumbs up from one of my JK brothers with some knowledge as I am learning about all this as I go. Thanks
Hey Chopper, I just ran out & looked at my Skyjacker's position, I mounted it in the exact position of the stock one. My U Bolt is facing back to engine direction...nuts are face axle. Mine was close due to the beefier size but it's been on for awhile now with no problem's. I never give the (spinning it) to possibly get a little better clearance, I might look at that idea.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with my gut and moved the bracket a bit. Seems to be fine. A few things...The u-bolts were really loose, and seems to drive better then with the stock one. Nice mod for 40 bucks.

Quick Reply: installing new stabilizer