Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Installing New Brake Lines with Lift

Old 01-02-2014, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Installing New Brake Lines with Lift

Are there any specific tools, etc. required or recommended for installing new brake lines with my lift?

Any tips or recommendations for performing this work?

Thanks.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of lift are you installing? Most just come with a relocation bracket; no need for anything crazy.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No special tools...just wrenches. I didn't have one of the sizes so used adjustable just fine.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MAG00
Any tips or recommendations for performing this work?

Thanks.
Also, if bleeding the brakes by yourself I usually run a piece of fish tank tubing from the bleeder to an empty jar. That way when your done it won't suck any air back into the system, just fluid that you previously pumped out.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by falc0n2u
What kind of lift are you installing? Most just come with a relocation bracket; no need for anything crazy.
I am installing a RK 2.5 max travel system lift. It comes with new SS lines for front and rear.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:21 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Look very carefully at the lines you're installing. There should be three different styles: Two where the line comes straight up off the caliper, and one where it comes up and slightly left, and another where it comes up and slightly right. By slightly, I mean slightly--If you don't look carefully it's easy to overlook these differences. The lines ARE NOT interchangeable. The two that are canted go on the front axle--such that the cant takes the line away from the adjacent tire. The two that are straight go on the rear axle--either one on either side. I have discovered these mixed up on people's rigs and the resulting damage will cause loss of half of the brake system.

Quick Reply: Installing New Brake Lines with Lift