Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Installing jeep parts in winter

Old 01-19-2014, 10:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing jeep parts in winter

Hey JK Forum,
I just picked up a new set of rubi rails and want to install them tomorrow. But, I started thinking about all the salt thats been on the roads here in IL and how its probably all over the mounting holes for the bolts. Would it be a bad idea to be putting new bolts in and the rails on with all the salt on my jeep? Could the bolts start rusting real bad? Just wondering if anyone has had an experience with this. I've usually installed my bumpers and fenders and things in the summer but I just want to get these rails on! Thanks
Old 01-19-2014, 10:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just make sure your Jeep is clean, especially the areas you'll be installing stuff (pinch seam and rockers, for this project) and if you do any drilling, paint any bare metal.

Quick Reply: Installing jeep parts in winter