Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Installing a CJ/YJ bumper on a JK?

Old 03-15-2011, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing a CJ/YJ bumper on a JK?

Hello Jeep owners.
Im a huge old school Jeep lover and was wondering would it be possible to throw on the front metal bumper from a CJ or YJ on a new JK without to much modification?
What kind of work am I looking at to pull this off?
I got the idea after seeing the K8 I think its called military jeep with the Yj style bumper and really getting a hard on looking at that thing : )

I was planning on making the front bumper a stubby but I would rather do this instead.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am also an old school Jeep lover having built several CJ rigs over the last many years. While I can understand the looks of the old style bumper, I have to ask why. What would be the utility in doing this? In answering your question, I don't see that it would be all that hard to fit up, but you probably have to consider the air bag sensors when putting the very simple CJ-style bumper on the frame rails of your JK.
Still...I wonder why you are even thinking of doing this.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some serious modification will be needed to do this as the front frame mounts are considerably wider than the actual CJ/YJ bumper. There was someone on here who put a TJ bumper on. Try the search function, maybe it will come up.

Quick Reply: Installing a CJ/YJ bumper on a JK?