Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Installing a 2.5 inch coil lift...

Old 05-15-2012, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing a 2.5 inch coil lift...

How hard is this job really? I have read all the write ups on project jk. I am still confused about cutting one of the bolts that won't come out because of the exaust. My kit is in my signiture. Also I just ordered the 3/4 inch spacer to go on top of all 4 of my new coils. Does anyone know if I will now need to order new break lines?? If so where should I order break lines from?? Thanks for any help I get back to America from Afghanistan really soon and can't wait to turn this bone stock 07 JK into a beast
Old 05-15-2012, 07:24 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz-R5E-NPQg Here's a install video that TeraFlex created for a 2.5" coil kit. Hope this helps.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:38 AM
Vin
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz-R5E-NPQg

Here's a install video that TeraFlex created for a 2.5" coil kit. Hope this helps.
I watched this video at least a dozen times before I threw in my lift. It wasn't difficult at all. As far as the break lines go, without spacers, the rear break lines pretty much get maxed out at full flex, even with the relocation bracket.

Quick Reply: Installing a 2.5 inch coil lift...