Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Installed RK 2.5 flex and looking for input on alignment Specs

Old 03-30-2013, 07:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Your goal should be the least amount of caster over recommended that you're willing to live with. Personally, I'd decrease 1 degree and see if you still like it - you can always put it back but your pinion angle would be more favorable.

FWIW, 1 turn on the RK CAs is .5 degree
Old 03-30-2013, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a dumb question. How do I check caster? What tool or gauge? Where do I put it? A picture would help. Thanks to all you gear heads out there.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not a dumb question! I go to an alignment shop and get an accurate starting point. My shop charges $30 to check it and make no adjustments.

Then back at home, place an angle finder on top of the flat surface above the pinion, make note of the angle shown (it's arbitrary). Then adjust your CAs out or in depending on what you're looking for and you can check the amount the axle rotates by reading the difference on your angle finder and adding it or subtracting it to/from your original alignment printout.

Quick Reply: Installed RK 2.5 flex and looking for input on alignment Specs